Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Well this can be dangerous..

unfortunately Steiner did not have the foresight then to use matching holograms...

Doesn't look like ebay pulled it.

I bet they could care less.

Now, if you ask someone to go outside of ebay, expect a harsh warning within an hour. lol

Let me ask the Forum this; the owner of the bat sees this thread, contacts the seller and asks for “his” L.O.A; does the seller have to give it to him?

Good point....

i dont think it is illegal to sell by itself, but it certainly creates the opportunity for fraud down the line. i highly doubt someone is buying the LOA in order to frame it and say they have a jeter autograph. i believe that it will inevitably be paired with a bat - whether that bat is a legitimate bat is another story, and therein lies the problem.

in my opinion, steiner should do whatever they have to do in order to reobtain the letter. if that means winning the auction, they should do so.

Looks like it's gonna sell.

Despite the valiant attempts to end the auction. LOL !

Ebay just doesn't care.

Look at it this way, when it eventually comes up for sale, and it will -assigned to a fake Jeter bat-what a great story we'll have. Does anyone know the seller? Does his other (and past) items suggest he might visit GameUsedForum?

what are the chances the LOA from ebay has been paired with this? same year. the ebay auction link doesnt work anymore, did anyone save a photo of it? the steiner hologram and 2 certificates otherwise are correct for what you would expect to see from steiner on the bat. interesting question - no harm no foul if a signed LOA from a different bat is paired with a legit bat?

also - anyone ever see jeter use a bat with gripping like that? i skimmed through 2008 in getty and saw nothing.

https://goldinauctions.com/2008_Dere...-LOT38922.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by memorabiliaunlimited View Post
    what are the chances the LOA from ebay has been paired with this? same year. the ebay auction link doesnt work anymore, did anyone save a photo of it? the steiner hologram and 2 certificates otherwise are correct for what you would expect to see from steiner on the bat. interesting question - no harm no foul if a signed LOA from a different bat is paired with a legit bat?

also - anyone ever see jeter use a bat with gripping like that? i skimmed through 2008 in getty and saw nothing.

https://goldinauctions.com/2008_Dere...-LOT38922.aspx
    Found the auction on an archive site
    https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...uto-1900352665

definitely a different LOA. very good.

now for my other question - anyone have any info on jeter using lizard skin grip? thanks.