Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well this can be dangerous..

this certainly shouldnt be out there on the market without an item paired with it. i think self explanatory why.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Derek-Jeter...19.m1438.l2649

Re: Well this can be dangerous..

1 happy thanksgiving
    2 I believe this is against Ebay policy and is Steiner makes them aware of it it should be pulled
    I will email them a link

They are on it

I don't understand why someone should be prevented from selling this item...the reason for the sale is plausible, and, if someone were to purchase a Jeter bat without a Steiner hologram on it, buyer beware...the item is not misrepresented at all, and, I don't think there is any bad intent..JMHO.

1 some Jeter Signed LOAs were stolen in the past
    2 I believe it is Ebay policy that signed LOAs without th item is not allowed to be sold
    3 it can lead to a forgery that Steiner will end Up being blamed for

Banned

Cool Re: Well this can be dangerous..

Quote Originally Posted by KGoldin View Post
    1 some Jeter Signed LOAs were stolen in the past
    2 I believe it is Ebay policy that signed LOAs without th item is not allowed to be sold
    3 it can lead to a forgery that Steiner will end Up being blamed for
    Agreed. Many years ago, a dealer at a Rosemont show with contracts with several NBA stars accidentally left behind a stack of about 20 LOAs, which he had already signed, but which had no items descriptions. I came across them, grabbed them, and sent them back to the dealer. Too much that is bad and even criminal can come out of unauthorized or separated LOAs.

Dave Miedema

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ight=Jeter+COA

Here is a thread from a couple years ago addressing the same concerns. Not sure what was done by ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by truvalue123 View Post
    I don't understand why someone should be prevented from selling this item...the reason for the sale is plausible, and, if someone were to purchase a Jeter bat without a Steiner hologram on it, buyer beware...the item is not misrepresented at all, and, I don't think there is any bad intent..JMHO.
    it creates a tremendous potential for fraud. the item the letter could be paired with could be a fake jeter, but it would now have a letter which says it is legit.
    someone could also pair it with an item that is not authenticated and thereby, in some cases, increase the value greatly, even if it is a legit jeter.

a "buyer beware" mentality only perpetuates fraud in the hobby and hurts everyone involved in it. so much of this hobby depends on trust and honesty and anything that can compromise that cannot be tolerated.

I understand all of that, and, marketplaces can certainly ban certain classifications of product on their sites...but, if an item hasn't been illegally obtained, there are any legal reasons that it cannot be resold?

There is an argument that the LOA does not belong to the seller, but to the current owner of the bat. It is a document of ownership, not a piece of memorabilia, and maybe a legal document at that. An effort should be made to contact the owner of the bat, or did he lose that info also?