Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Thumbs up WFL Chicago Fire Jersey On Ebay (192414739045)

This one is not close. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-WFL-Ch...0AAOSwUwFaSbWc

The Fire wore Wilson jerseys that did not have white trim on the collar or on the sleeve cuffs. The half striped sleeves is incorrect, and the number font is not quite right (compare the "1" to the below jersey).

I have previously done business and communicated with the Seller in the past, so I thought that if I presented him with ample evidence that the jersey was not a Fire jersey, he would either remove the listing or list it more appropriately. We have discussed the jersey several times over the past few days, but he remains convinced that it is a game-worn jersey and has not changed the listing despite not having photos or any other evidence to support his claim. In my 43 years of collecting and studying WFL jerseys, photos, game film, and other memorabilia, I have yet to find any evidence of any Fire player wearing this style jersey.

Below are photos of a red Chicago Fire jersey in my collection. It matches every other Fire jersey I have seen in the hobby, in photos, and on film.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

P.S. The player is Mark Kellar who played in the first 11 games (20-game season) before going down for the year with an injury. The Fire wore red jerseys in 5 of those games.
    Attached Images Attached Images