Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Probstein Bats...

Hey everyone... just wanted to get a few thoughts from people on the game used bats that Probstein offers up on Ebay. Do you feel they are reputable in terms of their bats being legit?

Thanks guys.... Jake

probstein is a consignment store. i am pretty sure that everything they post is just consigned to them from other people, though not 100% positive.

They provide very little info in their listings but most of their items seem to have pretty solid authentication.

Word around the hobby is Probstein uses a lot of Shill Bidders.

Banned

Cool

I feel that Probstein is honest and ethical, but way too reliant on LOAs, especially ones from less than stellar authenticators. I once pointed out a major problem with a Sosa Cubs jersey they offered, but they declined to pull the item, as it had a Lou Lampson LOA. I've bought items from them with success, but I also do my own research first, as I get the feeling that they'd accept and defend an LOA if Amy Schumer wrote it.

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    ....I get the feeling that they'd accept and defend an LOA if Amy Schumer wrote it.

Dave Miedema
    You mean my Amy Schumer authenticated Ted Williams jersey might not be the real thing?!?!

understatement of the year so far :-)

Quote Originally Posted by bryzzo2016 View Post
    Word around the hobby is Probstein uses a lot of Shill Bidders.

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    I feel that Probstein is honest and ethical, but way too reliant on LOAs, especially ones from less than stellar authenticators. I once pointed out a major problem with a Sosa Cubs jersey they offered, but they declined to pull the item, as it had a Lou Lampson LOA. I've bought items from them with success, but I also do my own research first, as I get the feeling that they'd accept and defend an LOA if Amy Schumer wrote it.

Dave Miedema

If nobody else would have responded, this response would have been enough. Thanks Dave for the heads up and for a good laugh!

Jake