Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Follow us on
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube My Space Blogger

Auction bidding - Why people, why?

I cannot, for the life of me understand why people continue to bid items up and up over days. I'm looking at a bat auction right now, and its already been bid up to about what its worth, with 8 hours left. Drives me crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    I cannot, for the life of me understand why people continue to bid items up and up over days. I'm looking at a bat auction right now, and its already been bid up to about what its worth, with 8 hours left. Drives me crazy!
    I agree! I never bid until the final minute.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Same here! I wanted to place a bid on this bat, but man that thing skyrocketed all day to the point where it wasn't worth bidding.

I think that would be a good reason if it deters other bidders from joining in late. Personally, I've missed on several auctions meaning to bid at the last moment and then forgetting realizing that I would have likely been the winner had I just bid the max I was willing to spend.

Cool

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't have time to monitor eBay 24/7. I bid when I find it convenient. If I get outbid, and see the notice for it in time, I may bid again, but that actually happens only on about 15% of my bids. If I get it, good; if not, the sun still rises regardless.

Dave Miedema

Well, you also have to consider allthe shill bidding that goes on to raise the price

Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~