Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mark Grace Cubs Fielders Glove

Fellow forum member tjm5711 informed me that there was a Mark Grace Cubs era fielders glove on ebay appx 4 months ago. I am not able to find anything on this as it has elapsed the period of time ebay stores listings. Anyway, if anyone has pics of this glove, or even better if anyone here won it and wants to sell, PLEASE contact me.

Thanks - Nick

Banned

Re: Mark Grace Cubs Fielders Glove

[QUOTE=BIGSTIG;177283]Fellow forum member tjm5711 informed me that there was a Mark Grace Cubs era fielders glove on ebay appx 4 months ago. I am not able to find anything on this as it has elapsed the period of time ebay stores listings. Anyway, if anyone has pics of this glove, or even better if anyone here won it and wants to sell, PLEASE contact me.

Hey Nick, I just did about 15 minutes of Google and Ebay searches trying to track down some information on that glove. The best I could come up with was this link to Bob Patterson's used car dealership in illinois. I could have bought the glove outright from him for $1500. I exchanged e-mails and made him an offer through Ebay mailings. He said, I could have had it for that. I was tempted, but at that price tag I would be lucky to get 1/2 my money back without any documentation. Though I'm pretty sure it was the real deal ! I'd give him a call and try and find out who he sold it to. Contact them through Ebay or whatever information you can get from Patterson, and make them an offer. You better have some cabbage ready to fork over because they paid either $1200 or $1600 for it. I can't remember for sure, but it was well under 2K, i know that. Good Luck !

The link is :
    bobpattersonautosales.com

Banned

Hey Nick, if you ever have any extra Grace stuff you want to get rid of let me know.

Tom

email:

tjmm1172@yahoo.com

Tom, any interest in a Grace bat?

Nick, sorry for the hijack. Hope you find your Grace glove.
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tjm

I saw that car dealer as well, I sent them an email with no response as of yet. The home page states that the owner of that dealer has been selling cars in his hometown since 1975. The Bob Patterson that was a teammate of Graces was born in Jacksonville, FL and raised in Greenville, SC.

THANKS!!!

5K - No worries!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSTIG View Post
    tjm

I saw that car dealer as well, I sent them an email with no response as of yet. The home page states that the owner of that dealer has been selling cars in his hometown since 1975. The Bob Patterson that was a teammate of Graces was born in Jacksonville, FL and raised in Greenville, SC.

THANKS!!!

5K - No worries!!!
    I think he lives in NC now. Bob and I were pals when he was a Cub in the mid-1990s. Interestingly, his nickname was "Dr. Glove", as he was an expert on repairing baseball gloves. Teammates and even opponents would ask him to work his wonders on their damaged fielding mitts.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Dave,

I came across this article in my attempt to locate Mr. Patterson

http://espn.go.com/magazine/kurkjian_20020321.html

Nick

BTW, I am friends with the guy who won that Mark Grace glove. He showed me the glove right after he won it, and we chatted about it briefly. If you send an email to lazukor@gmail.com, I will give you the guy's contact information. Don't know if he wants to sell it.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

I also know the owner of the glove and I have seen the glove in person. He lives in Denver. It is absolutely incredible- loads and loads of pine tar- it must have been used for a season or two.

Thanks to everyone for the help...especially Leslie. I have contacted teh owner and he has no plans on selling it at this point in time. Look forward to seeing some pics of it, as it sounds pretty sweet.