Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

MLBTV Game Archives Gone?

went to go look at a game from 2017 and noticed that MLBTV's entire format changed and game archive is gone. there are no games available. anyone know what happened? should be able to view 2016 and 2017 based on prior years.

I emailed them and received this response:

For the 2018 season we are happy to announce that we have launched a brand new, full definition 60 frames per second HTML player.

Adobe flash is no longer required to view MLB.TV. Due to this and other improvements, previous season archives are not available currently in the MLB.TV Media Player.

On-demand 2018 video archives will continue to be available. We are working to add 2017 content to the product offering. Please check back for updates.

I responded asking if the full schedule of 2016 and 2017 games are going to be added and if so, approximately when. They responded back that they are working on adding full 2017 games and that at the time frame is unknown at this time. They made no mention of 2016 games. I don't know if you've had to use it before, but MLBTV customer service is consistently terrible.

i received a call from mlb.com today. i was told that they were hopeful that games from 2017 would start to roll out around the start of this season, it just depends on how long it takes to convert from flash to html. depending on how long it takes them, they may do 2016 after.

I heard the same, but the person who contacted me said that they are not beginning the conversion until Opening Day as they are now testing out the new system for the 2018 games. He said it could be fast or could take a while. He even mentioned a possibility of completion around the all-star break, but said he had no way to tell for sure.

I had them refund my 2018 subscription. I only use MLBTV for photomatching and the price typically reduces from $115.99 to $29.99 around June, so I'll probably just purchase then.

If you have T-Mobile MLB.TV is free. Has been for me in 2016 and '17. And will be for 2018. You have to access the offer through the T-Mobile Tuesdays ap on your phone 3/27/18. You have a small window to activate the free offer, so do it that day. It will save you $100.

If you google how to watch old mlb games there’s a pretty valuable reddit thread about it

Has anyone heard anything else on this? I was sent a link through an email by a MLBTV representative three weeks ago which showed the 2017 games currently available, which was only 52 games. I checked again just now and there are still only the 52 games. I was told prior to the season that they would start adding 2017 games after Opening Day and it could take up until the All-Star break to get all 2017 games converted and uploaded. If that is still the plan, they have a LOT of work to do to get to that point.
    Always looking for Chicago Cubs and Wrigley Field Items

how do you even see the 2017 games? when i go to MLBtv it doesnt let me go past 2018 spring training?

old format was better as well, in my opinion.

I emailed them asking about the archives and was sent this link:

https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/archive
    Always looking for Chicago Cubs and Wrigley Field Items