Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Follow us on
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube My Space Blogger
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Calling All Daryl Strawberry Experts

This strip tag looks bogus to me. Does not match exemplars I have seen. Any thoughts?

https://sports.ha.com/itm/baseball/1...ription-071515

I'm with you. I believe the year should be in the ID. Also there were 2 legit embroidery fonts on '85 Mets gamers. This tries very hard to imitate one of them, but something about it looks off.

Dave Miedema

I was wrong...I checked my files, and the sequence of uniform #, size, set is correct, yet it still doesn't look quite right.

Dave M.

The sequence isn’t in question. The font is bad....no good IMO.

Here’s the Strawberry....and three other ‘85 Mets gamers from common players. I chose common players to eliminate the need for financial gain via fraud.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

The Rawlings tag has other needle holes in the upper left corner which is a concern and look at the long zigzag stitching under the strip tag. The others are straight stitched.

Quote Originally Posted by bgakladd View Post
    The Rawlings tag has other needle holes in the upper left corner which is a concern and look at the long zigzag stitching under the strip tag. The others are straight stitched.
    GREAT find by you. That jersey is baddddd.

I think that the 4 in the Strawberry jersey is the key. That font is totally different than the other 3 jerseys. Something's amiss for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    I think that the 4 in the Strawberry jersey is the key. That font is totally different than the other 3 jerseys. Something's amiss for sure.
    Agree 100%....

Quote Originally Posted by bgakladd View Post
    I agree that the stitching/needle holes on the Rawlings tag is a red flag. However I don’t think the strip tag “long zigzag” stitching is unusual as I’ve seen this on 85 homes. The other 85 examples shown are all roads, and I think the straight stitching is correct for roads from this year.

The numbers on the back of the jersey look very off as well.