April Pick Ups!

Name:  Albersgamer.jpg
Views: 1161
Size:  79.7 KB

Andrew Albers 2017 gamer.

Thanks - TRUVALUE

Name:  20180407_224323.jpg
Views: 951
Size:  84.3 KBI picked up the new Oakland A's 50th Anniversary in Oakland Friday home game jersey

Banned
    Certainly not a big name (I don't think he ever even played a regular season MLB game, but I added this cracked bat of former Braves prospect Wonderful Monds. I mean, how can you not enjoy a name like that?

Love the Wonderful Monds bat, Dave lol. I've this painted presentation ball for years so not a new pickup but I had the opportunity to meet Steve Largent yesterday and have him sign it. It's an actual game-used ball and has markings and shows plenty of wear. I read somewhere that the former Seahawks equipment manager liked to use balls from the actual games for the presentation balls. Funko had a free Steve Largent signing at their headquarters in Everett, WA and I waited in line for 3.5 hours and just barely made the cut. The cutoff for the event was 8 people after me. There was about 150 people behind me in line that didn't get to meet him and you can bet some people were not pleased. Definitely well worth the 3.5 hour wait given the results. Now I just need to find a display case to put this bad boy in.

Also checkout his reaction lol. This was probably right before he asked me where I got it from. I told him the person I got it from originally got it from one of his former teammates, Jeff Chadwick. Largent replied with "I don't think I know a Jeff Chadwick." According to pro football reference, they were teammates his final season in 1989.

Banned
    Great item. I'm just glad you made the cut. Several years ago, at a Cubs convention, I was the last person allowed in the line to be given a chance to get an autograph from Phil Cavaretta. It was especially satisfying since earlier on, 3 teenagers tried to cut in front of mr in line. I demanded they move back to where they were (they complied) and ended up being shut out.

Dave M.

For sale Dave?

I actually collect this player and have one of his jerseys. Long story but he became a cult figure among my dorm in college because he was a really good prospect in a baseball sim we played for years and I managed to get his likeness to the show in career mode lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Certainly not a big name (I don't think he ever even played a regular season MLB game, but I added this cracked bat of former Braves prospect Wonderful Monds. I mean, how can you not enjoy a name like that?

Banned
    Email sent.

Dave M.

Craig Kimbrel Red Sox jersey. Authenticated as issued, but does show some light use.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Picked up a few items last night...Lineup card, Biloxi Shuckers vs Birmingham Barons, Eloy Jiminez first home start of the season for the Barons. Also a ball that Jiminez hit to the opposite field wall for a double. But the most fun, the box from his PF Flyers cleats that he took delivery of before the game. No, I don't have the cleats, but I snagged the box before it was going to be discarded.
    Attached Images Attached Images