Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Follow us on
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube My Space Blogger

Cano's legacy takes another hit

Robinson Cano has been suspended for 80 games for use of a prohibited MLB masking agent. ESPN reported that MLB must have been able to establish Cano deliberately used the diuretic as a masking agent, otherwise he would have received no suspension.

Does this make his already disdained memorabilia even less desirable?

As a doctor myself who prescribes and uses furosemide on a great deal of my patients I've been curious to see what evidence they had showing he was trying to mask PED use. In everything I read there's no details unfortunately. I also can't figure out from what I've read what he would be using furosemide for as he states it was "for a condition" which I guess would put water in MLB's evidence.

I have a vast collection of Cano bats from his Yankees years including many of his higher end gamers and home run bats. This wouldn't deter me to be honest if I stumbled upon any more of his Yankee years home run bats.
    -Randy
    rborrero14 at gmail.com

I'm not buying Cano stuff now, but I also never did before this, either. I always felt that Cano only got serious ink because he spent so much time with the Yankees. I doubt we'd even be asking this if his career was split between the Rockies and A's.

Dave Miedema