Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Follow us on
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube My Space Blogger

photo matching question

Hello All!

I was curious... As a collector, I've always enjoyed looking through pictures on Getty or similar sites for a pic of a jersey in my collection.
    I see it as part of the fun and challenge when acquiring a new piece. I need to do something for work though, and it needs to be professionally done. I spoke with 1 company who looked excellent but was rather expensive - which is ok... i just didnt know it was $400+.
    Does anyone have someone they recommend that is cheaper or is that the going rate? Thanks for the help and advise!!

I think with a lot of the professional photo-matching services it will depend a little on the value of the jersey in question but you should definitely have options out there that are less than $400 a match I'd have thought.

Personally I've used Meigray Authentication and have been very happy with the service they offer. In terms of market perception as well I'd say that a Meigray match is about as good as it gets. I've also had a quote before from Resolution Photomatching which was less than the figure you quoted and (based on a jersey I have photo-matched by them) I believe in the accuracy of their matches.

Hope that helps and good luck!