Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: Jeter GU Bat...

Jeter GU Bat...

Just a quick question for the experts...

I know this is a very general question without a definite answer, but any opinions or thoughts on this would really be greatly appreciated. I have a Jeter bat with a stamp of 2/26/2009 on the knob. How far throughout the 2009 season might Jeter still be using a bat with this date?? I know this is a question that may invite an array of responses... but I would love to get some educated thoughts on this.

As always, thanks for your time fellas!!

Jake

I don't have any idea of how often this happens but I have seen at least one instance of a bat being used nearly two years after the stamped date. Not one of my bats and I only saw pictures of the bat and the picture it was photomatched to. Typically, I would have to say the bat gets used with in a two weeks to six month range. IMHO.

If the bat has any distinguishable use marks then I would go look on Getty Images from the date of manufacture to see if I could photomatch it. If you can then you would have a definitive answer.
    I used to be TBM and I collect everything Kansas City Royals. Main focus is Adalberto Mondesi aka Raul Mondesi of the Royals and Ryan O’Hearn.

i have seen jeter bats through steiner used the year after the production date (stamped 2009 but used in 2010). i had a stanton bat from 2017 that was stamped 2015 with an MLB hologram and photo match. have seen cabrera bats dated from his triple crown year in 2012 not used until 2014. production date is certainly not dispositive of the year the bat was used.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalsCollector View Post
    I don't have any idea of how often this happens but I have seen at least one instance of a bat being used nearly two years after the stamped date. Not one of my bats and I only saw pictures of the bat and the picture it was photomatched to. Typically, I would have to say the bat gets used with in a two weeks to six month range. IMHO.

If the bat has any distinguishable use marks then I would go look on Getty Images from the date of manufacture to see if I could photomatch it. If you can then you would have a definitive answer.

I tried the Getty website, and after a few hours of going borderline insane, this was the closest I came. I don't know where this would rank in terms of a match... or if I'm reaching a bit...