Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Who's gone crazy - me or Steiner?

Rudy,
    Thanks. It will be interesting to see how Steiner responds.

Fraudfinder,
    In my humble opinion, as both a collector and a dealer, I would certainly hope that someone would point out an error to me and give me a chance to correct it before making a post in a forum such as this. I don't think that anyone is doubting that Rudy did a fine job in discovering this error, it was just my thought that perhaps we should have pointed this out to Steiner and get their response before making a post. If they won't respond quickly or refuse to fix it immediately, then we can shout about it long and loud in this Forum. On the other hand, if they fix the error, then it ends up being a good story (well, at least to some degree as the price of the jersey is another story).

Again, we have to remember that not every collector in the world reads this Forum, so it's best to go to the source to give them a chance to correct the mistake before someone ends up with a misidentified jersey in their collection. Most sellers want to get it right, and any assistance any of us can ever give them to get it right is probably most appreciated.

Mark Hayne

Banned

The Yankees wore blackarm bands on their 2000 jerseys to honor Bob Lemon who died that year.

-Regards David

Mark,

Your points are well taken. My main view, which I did not convey, was that I do not believe a company that would charge $50,000 for a game used batting helment from 2005 ,would be "embarrassed" about anything. But you are right, the prices Steiner charges are are probably a topic for another post. Thanks.

Steiner has removed the jersey from their Website due to the "mis-labelling". I spoke with them regarding the jersey and they say it is a Canseco and are now charging $2500 for it.
    Regarding the source of the error, they said it was simply a typo on their part and that the tagging does not have a player's name on it.
    I wonder how they came up with the original $10k price?

Rudy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24
    Steiner has removed the jersey from their Website due to the "mis-labelling". I spoke with them regarding the jersey and they say it is a Canseco and are now charging $2500 for it.
    Regarding the source of the error, they said it was simply a typo on their part and that the tagging does not have a player's name on it.
    I wonder how they came up with the original $10k price?
    Now, if David Wells was $10,000.00, I would think Canseco at $2500.00 would be a steal. Am I right?

Smile Re: Who's gone crazy - me or Steiner?

Did they mention if there was a pouch sewn into the inside of the jersey for the 'roids needles, similar to the pouch Earl Weaver had for his smokes?

Quote Originally Posted by trsent
    Now, if David Wells was $10,000.00, I would think Canseco at $2500.00 would be a steal. Am I right?
    Not by my reckoning, no. I believe that $2500 for a modern-era player of Canseco's "stature" is about $2000 too much. Of course, the fact that I can't afford to drop $2500 on anybody's jersey could be affecting my judgement here, as could the fact that I loathe and detest the Yankee$.

Rudy,

Thanks for providing the updated information on this issue. It's good to see that Steiner made the correction. Now, if they will only get right with the prices . . .

Mark Hayne