Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

1980 "Olympic" Eruzione Jersey at Juliens Auction

I was trying to match this Eruzione Jersey being sold as a Miracle on Ice Olympic jersey and it looked real good - unique tagging, etc. Here is the listing: https://www.julienslive.com/m/lot-de...key%3Deruzione

Well, I found a great photomatch but it is from the Feb 9, 1980 exhibition game vs the USSR at Madison Square Garden! Look at this pic (and many others on Getty) that clearly show the unique black stain on the bottom of the front tail, as well as the Norcon tagging visible on the front tail. The Olympic jerseys did not have that Norcon tagging visible on the front tail (just one in the inside of the collar).
    See here: https://www.gettyimages.com.au/detai...?adppopup=true

So this is a legit Miracle Team worn jersey but not an Olympic jersey. I have no idea what it is worth as such, but likely not $20-$40K as claimed. Do you guys agree or am I missing something here? By the way, there are lots of really cool items in this auction but also a bunch that are not authenticated and not what they appear to be (like alleged Mantle jersey numbers in frames and a poorly put together Mantle "World Series" jersey). Some post-career bats, etc.

Matt

Update: After I brought this information to their attention today, Juliens changed the title and the description to clarify the jersey was a "1980 Team USA" shirt and removed the language about "used in the Olympics." Kudos to Juliens for doing the right thing immediately!

Matt