Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

LVS Fungo bat model H29, G160, K100, S345, others?

Does anyone know who the following Louisville Slugger fungo bat models were originally turned for and the approximate year they were created?

H29
    G160
    K100
    S345

Plus, if anyone knows of any other LVS fungo bat model numbers please share on this post.

Thank you!
    Todd

H29: Fred Hunter 1928

G160: Alex Grammas 1984

K100: Johnnie Keane 1961

S345: Buck Showalter 2003

U46: Kevin Uhrhan 2008 (S345 w/ U45 knob)

Brian:

Thank you so much! This is very difficult information to find, so I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my post. Reviewing old bat records gave me a ballpark idea of the years, but the names were hard to pin down. For example in regard to the K100, I noticed old bat order records showed Al Kaline getting model K88 in the mid-50s, Harmon Killebrew model K98 in the late 50s, and Rod Kanehl model K113 in 1962 or 63, so I figured the K100 was approximate to 1960.

In addition to the five fungo bat models you mention, I know of a model “43” (with no letter prefix), but no others. In the history of your company is the H29, K100, S345, G160, U46, and 43 the only mlb fungo models or do others exist?

Thank you again for your time and wisdom,

Todd

There are probably more fungos but those are the ones we still use on a semi regular basis. I do remember the Infield 43 model. I'll have to see if I can find it in the vault. All our old SAP records are now with the museum and they don't like to share very much so I can only look up info from 2016 forward or if its in the vault.

Thank you, Brian. I noticed the 43 model in prior auctions. Here is an example: https://goldinauctions.com/lot_of__3...-lot40720.aspx

On a side note: I am a marketing professor and have a serious idea about a student project that would be beneficial to the Louisville Slugger brand (and helpful for students). Can I contact you directly to send you some details about this idea? I can send you a private message through the forum if this is acceptable to you.

Thanks again,
    Todd

I cannot do much with it. While we still own the manufacturing process for the Louisville Slugger it is Wilson who owns the brand. We just supply bats for LS now.

Thank you, Brian. Would you be able to direct me to a contact person who would be willing to listen to an Internet marketing idea conducted by college students? This relates to the history of brand, LS bat model numbers, and merging the legacy of the company's past with some current customers who may not be interested (yet!) in purchasing LS bats.

Thanks again,

Todd