Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KGoldin
    • Sep 2012

RIP Kobe

Shocked saddened and tragic. All worse as his 13 year old daughter was on plane
    i met Kobe the first time when he was 17 when his dad brought him to my office and told him I was the man who was going to put him on his first basketball card( and I did, 1996 Classic).
    A big loss for the world today
  • Samets
    • Apr 2012

RIP Mamba.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
      Banned
      • Apr 2009

It's been reported earlier today that Kobe's #24 jersey will be retired...by the Dallas Mavericks, as a tribute.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• sox83cubs84
        Banned
        • Apr 2009

Before the Pistons-Cavs game on Monday the Pistons wore special black jerseys, all of which had the NOB of "BRYANT" and either #8 or #24. These were worn for pre-game introductions and the pre-game huddle.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• sox83cubs84
          Banned
          • Apr 2009

Philadelphia star Joel Embiid changed numbers for his first game after Kobe's death and wore #24.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• sox83cubs84
            Banned
            • Apr 2009

Also, before that game, the 76ers players participated in warmups wearing #8 or #24 jerseys with BRYANT as the NOB.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• sox83cubs84
              Banned
              • Apr 2009

Tributes to the late Kobe Bryant are beginning in other sports leagues as well.

During warmups before Wednesday evenings Caps-Preds game. Washington superstar Alex Ovechkin wore a special home Caps jersey with "BRYANT 24"

The jersey has now been autographed by Ovechkin and will be auctioned at an unspecified future date. Proceeds will go to the Kobe & Vanessa Bryant Family Foundation.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                Banned
                • Apr 2009

Before their 1/31 game at home against Portland, the Lakers jersey sported a Kobe Bryant memoriam patch, to be worn the rest of the season.

Dave Miedema

Comment

Working...