Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Game used bats question

If you were buying a game used bat, which would you prefer. One that has a better game use with no player signature or provenance but the PSA letter? Or bat signed by the player as game used.. Meaning the bat itself has a PSA LOA, and the player signed the bat and inscribed game used and the season, but the bat has lighter use.

I am in the market for a particular bat, and I have been presented with both options and cant make up my mind. I really like the fact that the player signed the bat as game used, but don't like the light use. But if the player signs it as game used, should amount of use really matter?

Please reply with thoughts..

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1984 View Post
    If you were buying a game used bat, which would you prefer. One that has a better game use with no player signature or provenance but the PSA letter? Or bat signed by the player as game used.. Meaning the bat itself has a PSA LOA, and the player signed the bat and inscribed game used and the season, but the bat has lighter use.

I am in the market for a particular bat, and I have been presented with both options and cant make up my mind. I really like the fact that the player signed the bat as game used, but don't like the light use. But if the player signs it as game used, should amount of use really matter?

Please reply with thoughts..
    My rule of thumb has always been the more use the better the bat. That said, make sure that the use is genuine -- you can look at trends from the many photos available on the web. You could always get the signature at a later point.

If a player signs a bat as "game used" and it shows little to no use, it is not a great bat in my opinion. He simply may have been asked to do so by the fan or the promotion company.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com