Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

QUESTION for EVERYONE. Please chime in

Per agreement with baseball owners andtheMLBPA
    it appears spring training will open up no fans in May, and open in June
    currently we delayed our spring auction a week to close on May 16
    is it significant to see spring training games on TV if they open up and delay close two weeks to May 30, or so you not think it matters.
    Post you opinion if you think better results and more people in bidding mood if baseball is being played.
    or, as some say, people cooped up in house and want to bid now so open and close it earlier

Quote Originally Posted by KGoldin View Post
    Per agreement with baseball owners andtheMLBPA
    it appears spring training will open up no fans in May, and open in June
    currently we delayed our spring auction a week to close on May 16
    is it significant to see spring training games on TV if they open up and delay close two weeks to May 30, or so you not think it matters.
    Post you opinion if you think better results and more people in bidding mood if baseball is being played.
    or, as some say, people cooped up in house and want to bid now so open and close it earlier
    I would believe that more people would bid once the games starts since our minds would be more focused on baseball. However I would thing that many people would be financially low since so many are out of jobs or have hours cut back. Even if most of go back to work in a month it will take time to recover financially. You will always get bids in the auction, but not the top dollar that you would normally get.

Be safe everyone,
    Rick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Now everyone is feeling uncertainty about getting sick and current the economic situation.
    They are waiting for their lives to get back to normal.I think you would get better bidding action when baseball is being played.
    People would be out of their homes and eager to enjoy themselves.

Assuming baseball is actually played at that point, the benefit of doing it earlier is that the auction is not in conflict with watching/going to baseball games, and people can bid on items if they want if they are not doing anything else. If things don't get turned around with the coronavirus situation, I don't think it matters which date you choose, as baseball may not be getting played at that point.

I am hopeful that some baseball will be played this season, but it appears to be a shorten season, and hopefully the coronavirus will go away altogether, I have heard that it is not as brutal in the heat (so hopefully baseball will be played), but will it return in the future, and disrupt the end of the season, if there is one at all. I think your auction will be impacted more by if people that are bidding are working, then whether baseball is being played or not.

i always find that bargains can be found during any sports off season be it football , baseball . hockey or basketball ....during the playing season seems to draw more interest and higher prices .... just my opinion

What’s interesting is I am watchting auctions that are ending on eBay, and going on now on their own sites or just ended, and prices and interest do not seem to be effected.
    a Kobe towel sold last night for what I think is a crazy price for example

Maybe during all this down time you could concentrate on building up this website like it used to be. You've talked about it for the past couple years to make it better but haven't done anything about.

I think a delay would be best for sellers and the actual auction. The more time that is given, the more answers and certainty people will have on jobs and well being.

I am sure there will be some items that will still fetch decent prices, but will there be less bidding going on the majority items? I have been watching a few items personally, but can’t pull the trigger till things get a little back to normal.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

i think the lower value items will be impacted by what is going on because people just dont have the $ to spend. i would think that people who can afford to spend 6 figures on an item probably have not be impacted with financial issues due to the virus. doesnt look like prices on MLB auctions have changed much due to everything though, so who knows.

Common sense would tell me that waiting would make the most sense (not just for the actual interest in the sport with live games, but for a lot of the fear and uncertainty to be overwith), but the recent final prices for ebay items has me thinking that logic is not playing into this equation. I recently saw 2 late 80s/early 90s Mets items sell for far more than I would have imagined (on ebay), and I am thinking that this might also be due to no major auctions running. Guess there is an argument for and against, and it's hard to say which is correct?
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com