Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Question for the Forum- How was your 2005

Great topic, Eric. I hope there are more replies from the Forum members.

Having collected game used equipment the past 10 years, I learned how much I didn't know. I've picked up more information through gameusedforum and Game Used Universe this past year than in the past 10 years.

I'm not sure about the bargains, but I consider each new piece to my collection as priceless. If I see something that I want for my collection, I will go for it.

My favorite piece that I picked up this year was a 1992 Mets Nostalgia Game jersey of Sid Fernandez. Not high on a lot of collector's want lists, but, for me, it was quite the find.

Best moment in 2005 (not part of your post, but mentioned here personally) was becoming a dad for the first time and welcoming my daughter to the world in July.

I will take into 2006 a move to Hawaii in May and a continued interest in this forum.

Happy New Year, fellow Forum members!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Good day forum members. As the year 2005 winds down, I would like to hear from you about your hobby experiences of the last 12 months.

What did you learn in 2005?

What mistakes did you make this year?

What was your best bargain?

What piece did you add to your collection that you're happiest about?

What other things will you take with you into 2006?

Let's hear it... and Happy New Year

Eric

Re: Question for the Forum- How was your 2005

Best Pickup:

2 things

*Pre-1930s Rogers Hornsby game used Hanna Batrite bat = under $6,000

*1914-1915 Ty cobb 40k bat, with ALL his specs (removed cork with vintage spaced apart black tape, cleat marks low on barrel, Wide-Grain...found in barn few miles from where Cobb played barnstorming ball in the 194-16 range) $6,000 and change)

I also learned that dealing with the best authenticators in the bus. proves itself, time and time again....