Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

American Memorabilia Inc out of Las Vegas

I have been looking at some items that have a letter of authenticity from a company in Las Vegas named American Memorabilia. Wondered how the community views letters from this company. I have never bought or used from them. Any opinions would be helpful.

Years ago was a respectable outfit - today not so much. I'm sure some of their stuff is legit but certainly more risky than other places IMO.

Looks like they also go by Memorabilia Expert. I have been getting emails from them. Have seen letters of authenticity for game used jerseys from them listed on Goldin Auctions.

They are terrible. And if you win an auction, they will cancel it that night.

Just a bad “company” across the board.

Banned
    They might well be better now, but had a myriad of problems several years ago. Consignors often waited months to get paid, for starters. Also, at one point AMI has a team of authenticators for various collecting items. Some were very good, but others (specifically their game used jersey guy) were at times downright atrocious. Another sore spot with collectors back then: somebody there got the idea of having hottie models pose while wearing the jerseys that were being auctioned, sometimes in outdoor settings.

I think that Kieta is doing a better job of running things these days, but I hope a few more members chime in with their remembrances and experience.

Dave Miedema

Thanks Dave for your comments. I am so glad that you are still out there and have a passion for this hobby. Having been a reader of SCD for almost 40 years your opinion holds a lot of weight. There are a couple of items I am very interested in that are listed in the Goldin Auction right now. They come with a letter of authenticity from Memorabilia Experts which was AMI in the past. I just have concerns. Too much junk out there. Thanks for your thoughts Dave.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    Thanks Dave for your comments. I am so glad that you are still out there and have a passion for this hobby. Having been a reader of SCD for almost 40 years your opinion holds a lot of weight. There are a couple of items I am very interested in that are listed in the Goldin Auction right now. They come with a letter of authenticity from Memorabilia Experts which was AMI in the past. I just have concerns. Too much junk out there. Thanks for your thoughts Dave.
    You're welcome.

DAVE M.

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    They might well be better now, but had a myriad of problems several years ago. Consignors often waited months to get paid, for starters. Also, at one point AMI has a team of authenticators for various collecting items. Some were very good, but others (specifically their game used jersey guy) were at times downright atrocious. Another sore spot with collectors back then: somebody there got the idea of having hottie models pose while wearing the jerseys that were being auctioned, sometimes in outdoor settings.

I think that Kieta is doing a better job of running things these days, but I hope a few more members chime in with their remembrances and experience.

Dave Miedema
    Nope, they were junky back in the day and they still are. I had issues with them just last yr and it was a huge mess for me to not have them cancel my winning bid and then took days for them to take my money. I should’ve known better but it was an item I wanted and so I went for it. And yes, their “experts” know very little.

I think the guy that owned in back in the day was named Victor. Not sure if he is around still or not. Little fat guy with a bunch of gold jewelry playing the part of a rich guy, whether he had money or not I don't know. Then Kieta was always by his side at the shows with her low cut tops and other woman were always around him to. Played the part of a showman.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1929tudor View Post
    I think the guy that owned in back in the day was named Victor. Not sure if he is around still or not. Little fat guy with a bunch of gold jewelry playing the part of a rich guy, whether he had money or not I don't know. Then Kieta was always by his side at the shows with her low cut tops and other woman were always around him to. Played the part of a showman.

Yeah, that was Victor Moreno, and your recollections of him are spot on.

Dave M.