Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Exclamation Do MLB players use taped barrels in game action?

This is an extremely urgent message .... just kidding......

Well the reason I ask I found an auction on ebay its an signed 8 x 10 photo of Q. McCracken at bat and swinging a bat with a taped barrel???

In 1998 and 1999 after having a few %@#&* at the TROP in St Pete we would joke whenever McCracken would come to bat or the PA guy would say his name we would say some pretty funny stuff . The most popular was "my A@@ is a mccracken " . Sounds like a terrible suggestion for a sandwich at the golden arch or the king....

sorry I got side tracked there...meanwhile back at the ranch ...Tonto posed as a door and got his door-knob shot off .... back to the thread , sorry Chris......I thought players only taped barrels to prolong the life a BP bat ? Any insights out there fellow members????

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...3D50%26fvi%3D1

wow I'm getty pretty good at posting links , I'm impressed , I don't even have to ask my wife to download pictures for me either , damn I'm getting good at this computer stuff ! what's next?

Exclamation Re: Do MLB players use taped barrels in game action?

would it matter if its spring training???? after looking at the pic again , the dugout looks exactly like Al Lang Field in St. Pete , the exact same color of green paint and the height & type of the railing and the dugout itself , also home uniform . So I am pretty sure its at spring training....would this matter????