Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Follow us on
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube My Space Blogger

coa question please

Hi everyone! My question is basically how important is a COA? I recently bought a jersey from a well-respected seller, and in the sale description it said " This jersey will come with an original letter of authenticity from the Redskins.". I received the jersey and there was no COA as listed. The jersey is a throwback that was only used for one game all year. Photos show it was most likely the jersey used in that game. If/when something happens to me and my wife has to pass the jersey on, does a COA matter if the pictures are a good match? I saw an NFL auction last nite where the jersey was completely wrong for the game listed, yet it still sold for $1200 and it came with a COA for the wrong game. So how much does the COA really matter? Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Photomatch>COA any day of the week, in my opinion.

If matched in a game - good enough for me. COA becomes secondary. Id probably invest in a good picture from Getty Images or Almay and place with your jersey.

Tom

Thanks! I have a good photo including one from his locker before the game,and a bit of video from the game also The seller actually came thru with a COA so in the future if anything happens my wife will be abe to do something with it. I think a good photomatch is better than a COA too but there are people who can't live without that COA!

COAs...LOAs....are virtually worthless. Ive had the actual athlete swear to me the jersey was worn in so and so game, and I proved that they were full of it. A jersey stands up to photo matching scrutiny or it does not. Its that simple. No photo match = guessing = errors = bad jerseys.
    ALWAYS buying PHOTO MATCHED Marcus Allen and Anfernee Hardaway jerseys. Also always buying Tennessee Volunteer jerseys and anything Tony Delk.