Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

Unhappy ebay item 384097619283: Tag issue

The item in question is a 1978 Mets road jersey on eBay said to be worn by Willie Mays as a coach.

Mays did act as a coach for the team in the late 1970s; that's not the issue. What concerns me is the strip tag in the tail. Mays wore his standard #24 here, but the tag looks to show a uniform number of 34. Am I mistaken, or do some of you see what I see.

Seller was contacted during the weekend and has not responded.

Dave Miedema

Dave,

I saw the exact same thing. Strip tag states uniform number "34" not "24" It's pretty clear that the number in question is not a 2, as the #2 in the size (42) is entirely different. Definitely has issues.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    The item in question is a 1978 Mets road jersey on eBay said to be worn by Willie Mays as a coach.

Mays did act as a coach for the team in the late 1970s; that's not the issue. What concerns me is the strip tag in the tail. Mays wore his standard #24 here, but the tag looks to show a uniform number of 34. Am I mistaken, or do some of you see what I see.

Seller was contacted during the weekend and has not responded.

Dave Miedema

Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Banned
    Glad you found it, also. I just had an authentication client ask about this jersey yesterday. I directed him to this thread. Given your niche expert status on Mets game used jerseys, this should make the red flag even more obvious to him and others. Thanks for adding to this.

Dave Miedema