Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Unique Bob Welch Jerseys - Opinions?

Nice to know I can still log in here! I think it's probably been years since I visited. A lot of health-related drama, etc., that I won't bore you with, but I'm now retired, collecting Social Security and a military pension and happily selling all the stuff on eBay that I've collected over the decades. I haven't started in on all the Baseball game-used bats (1400+) and jerseys, etc,, but I'm getting there.

Several years ago I bought a couple of game jerseys from the Valley Vipers of the Western League from a former team employee. Bob Welch was the team's field manager in 2000, the only year they played. (He would be the pitching coach the following year for the World Champion Arizona Diamondbacks.) I thought I remembered Welch wearing uniform #9 - which is the number on these jerseys - but I wasn't positive and could find no reference or photo online or elsewhere to confirm it.

Digging through what I euphemistically call "The Archives" this morning, I came across some notes I'd written to myself at one of the Vipers games that included a lineup of the coaching staff and players with their uniform numbers and, son of a gun, I was right - Welch DID wear #9.

So my question is just this: Do you think a collector of Bob Welch game-used would be interested in a couple of jerseys - one home white, one road gray - that Welch wore as the manager of an obscure Independent League team twenty years ago? I've always had a soft spot for the Minor and Independent Leagues, myself, and have probably vastly overpaid for some stuff that other collectors wouldn't be interested in, so my judgment on this might be a bit skewed.

Hi Jeff, Great to hear from you! Thanks for bring us up to date with your situation.

I'm sure there is a hardcore Welch collector who may be interested in those jerseys.

Good luck with them!
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.