Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Re: Is Lampson in hiding?

Andrew-
    You're questioning the wear, or lack of? I'm extremely surprised that the LOA does not include the usual line that Lampson uses: "Shows typical running back use". I've seen him use this type of insane description on his other LOA's as follows: "Shows typical pitcher's use" "Shows light, but definate pitchers use".

Personally, when I've purchased an entire teams jerseys (i.e., Phillies), there really is not any difference when comparing a right fielders jersey to that of an infielder. Likewise, would the managers jersey show as much use as the first base coach? According to Lampson's LOA's, every type of position results in different wear patterns. I hate to let Lou in on a little secret-when a baseball game ends, the team washes all of the jerseys in the same machine, with the same soap. Unless a player is diving head first into the grass/dirt every game, what type of wear would you expect to see on a pitchers jersey as opposed to a manager or other position player?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

I've attached a picture of Franco Harris featuring the 50th patch I mentioned earlier. I was mistaken in saying that the 50th Season patch was worn in 1983, as it was actually worn in 1982, all apologies for the incorrect information. Nonetheless, I've attached two photos of Bradshaw, one from 1981 and one from 1980. The sleeve length in the attached pictures look a bit longer in th than the sleeves in the jersey from VA. Also interesting to note is that Bradshaw played only in ONE game in 1983 (one quarter for that matter) so extensive use on a Bradshaw jersey from 1983 doesn't seem likely.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

There is no question that it's all about $....in the late 80's there were a lot of nice pieces floating around...Collecting really was fun!!!...when people found out that this stuff was worth $, some really nice pieces were coming out of the attic for sale...nowadays the same dealers keep selling the same garbage...all the nice stuff has virtually dried up...gone in collections...these dealers have no other way to make a living so they keep selling the same trash ...there's gotta be more Kobe jerseys out there than DAYS he's been alive!!!...

Lampson has a target on him bigger than the State of Texas...we will continue to bitch about him, but I'm telling ya, the idiot will be going down...they always do...it's never a question of if, but when!!!

So, if I sent Lou! a photo! of this! jersey! do you think he'd authenticate! it?
    (BTW, this jersey doesn't actually exist. It's a photo of a bobo'ed Albert Belle jersey that I photoshopped into a Ripken St Pats!)

Mark
    bigtime39@aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime59 View Post
    It's a photo of a bobo'ed Albert Belle jersey that I photoshopped into a Ripken St Pats!
    Good job, Mark. However, an Authentic St. Pat's Day Orioles shirt must have this sleeve patch...

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian2630 View Post
    I've attached a picture of Franco Harris featuring the 50th patch I mentioned earlier. I was mistaken in saying that the 50th Season patch was worn in 1983, as it was actually worn in 1982, all apologies for the incorrect information. Nonetheless, I've attached two photos of Bradshaw, one from 1981 and one from 1980. The sleeve length in the attached pictures look a bit longer in th than the sleeves in the jersey from VA. Also interesting to note is that Bradshaw played only in ONE game in 1983 (one quarter for that matter) so extensive use on a Bradshaw jersey from 1983 doesn't seem likely.

Now this is one of the problems. You' basically have people ripping on a jersey unfairly because you jumped the gun and posted incorrect info. I have no problem ripping into authenticators when they get it wrong, but make sure you have the proper info., or you are just basically doing the same thing we complain about...

Dave

No need for Photoshop Mark...........here's the REAL Ripken St. Patty jersey with Lampson's exhaustive authenticity!
    :eek: "Shows solid identifier puckering" :eek: --Lou Lampson

Dan (ripkengamers@aol.com)

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Lampson
    ...I have seen first hand this style of St. Pats Day jerseys in storage at their Florida facilities...
    Dan, I truly hope you get your money back. Your jersey (with the help of this forum) has reached cult-like status and a monetary value of it's own.
    The LOA is filled with priceless quotes! No matter what, its a heckuva conversation piece and the poster child for the "Down-With-Lampson-Society".

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian2630 View Post

You are correct about Bradshaw only playing in one game in 1983. What makes this jersey even more hilarious is this, the game was played in New York, against the Jets, and the Steelers were in their road whites that day. I'll try to find a link to a pic and throw it up.

You are correct about Bradshaw only playing in one game in 1983. What makes this jersey even more hilarious is this, the game was played in New York, against the Jets, and the Steelers were in their road whites that day. I'll try to find a link to a pic and throw it up.
    I believe the date of that game was Dec. 10, 1983. It was Bradshaw's last game with the Steelers. I don't think he even finished that game. Was that the laast Jets game at Shea stadium. I remember people taking stuff out of the stadium.