Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is Lampson in hiding?

Here's some food for thought...Last night I was watching a TIVO of when Grey Flannel was on the People's Court...They had authenticated a Ripken TBC jersey as game used but the game was canceled...Grey Flannel lost the case and had to give the guy $2500 even though the guy never even bought it from them...Grey Flannel has a phone number, e-mail, fax, etc. to get ahold of them anytime to discuss anything...their arguement was that "it was there opinion" that this jersey was worn...sound familiar?

where the hell is Lampson hiding...he gets by every day with the "opinion" garbage...sadly to say he probably can legally use that line unless there is 100% proof that it is not authentic...like the Ripken St. Pats jersey...The Darrell Griffith that was talked about might be another...All the Twins jerseys with no strip tag..How many 94 Favre throwbacks has he authenticated?...I'd love to see someone take him to the Peoples Court to expose him...why is it so easy for auction houses to get ahold of this clown to authenticate stuff, but when an issue comes up the guy is a ghost...where is he to answer qustions about some of his "opnions"...has he ever seen a jersey that he DOESN'T think is "100% authentic"?...Money must be good for the Ghost...I have heard that he's hunkered down in Atlanta someplace...

why is HE never seen at the National to promote his business like Grey Flannel?...He isn't dumb...there's waaaayyy to many people looking for him

Although I do belive that Lampson is somewhat knowledgable about vintage uniforms, the new stuff that he authenticates 100's of everyday is a joke

America's Roast Beef, Yes Sir!

Quote Originally Posted by lund6771 View Post
    ...when an issue comes up the guy is a ghost...Money must be good for the Ghost...

I just got this glass at Arby's.

Re: Is Lampson in hiding?

go to MSN.com and click on White Pages. Enter L for the first name and Lampson for the last. Choose Georgia for the state and hit search. You will only have one result.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Always looking for vintage game used bats of Houston Buffs and Colt .45's players.

I did a Google search and found this:

Game Used Memorabilia - 100% Authentic/Lou Lampson

Lou Lampson is considered by collectors, ex-athletes, and equipment managers, alike as a foremost authority and analyst in the field. He has authenticated for the National Sports Gallery, Smithsonian Institution, The College Football HOF, Texas Sports HOF, Upper Deck Authenticated and the hobby's major auction houses.

Lou has over thirty years' experience in collecting, authenticating and appraising game used uniforms and related equipment. He owns an extensive game used collection covering all four major sports, including numerous, unique, "Perfect 10" representations and has an astonishing 8,000 plus uniform-related photos in his reference library.

Is this guy even real? LOL

Forum members,

As you know I have a fond appreciation for Mr. Lampson to the point words cannot describe. I'm slowing working with the help of others to surface my situation with the Ripken St. Patrick's Day jersey not only as a primary means for me to get my money back from the seller but also as a means to surface the real Mr. Lampson and make him publicly accountable for all his poor authentication practices.
    I'm currently collecting information from the forum website with accounts to all the known and questionable LOA's / COA's he has provided.
    I am asking forum members to provide me as much information and ammunition as possible to support my claims as this endeavor continues. If all goes as planned and hopefully with the help of forum members to back me up, justice will be served, hopefully I'll get my money back and maybe Mr. Lampson will be put on a pedestal and exposed for all the world to see!
    Send me links to articles, proof of misinterpretation, etc. to help me out. If you wish to remain anonymous let me know. If you wish to be included as part of this endeavor and support me I'd like to know that as well.
    I'll keep the forum members posted of what will be transpiring in the near future.

Thanks in advance for all your help.
    :eek: "Shows solid identifier puckering" :eek: --Lou Lampson

Dan (ripkengamers@aol.com)

open up an auction house he will be in contact with ya

After reading the posts on "current auctions" forums it makes me just sick!!!...the auction houses HAVE to know what an idiot this guy is...but they get away with selling this trash because they can hide behind Lampson, who in turn thinks he's untouchable because it's his "opinion"...

after watching that People's Court, this guy had better start getting nervous...his cherade can only go so long...

Are you telling me the auction houses can't realize that Eli Manning, Lebron, etc. don't wear 1000 jerseys a season and these jerseys are in EVERY SINGLE AUCTION!!!!...DUH!!!!!!

Lampson can't even be that stupid, coming from Mass. and certainly knowing how difficult REAL Pat's jerseys are to get, to realize that "HMMMMM...it seams that I've authenticated 50 Tom Brady's last year...that's odd..."

The guy is a crook and needs to go down...he is the biggest detriment to this hobby

Quote Originally Posted by lund6771 View Post
    ...the auction houses HAVE to know what an idiot this guy is...but they get away with selling this trash because they can hide behind Lampson, who in turn thinks he's untouchable because it's his "opinion"...
    It is of my opinion that the auction houses use him because he is a familiar name and will rubberstamp anything. He is just a sellout who puts him "opinion" on everything. But remember the auction houses are the ones who present him the item in question in the first place.

I don't think Lou is as dumb as people think he is. I think he is just a sellout who is in it for the money and justifies everything he authenticates by saying "prove to me it wasn't used" instead of "prove to me it was." And since Lou has yet to find proof that a jersey or bat wasn't used while he watches Days of Our Lives, he authenticates everything.
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

exactly!!!!