What happened to this site

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3arod13
    • Apr 2006

Same here! Still doesn’t mean GUU can’t be active and strong as it was before. I prefer and enjoy forums like this!
    Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• 1929tudor
      • Oct 2010

That's just Goldins way of saying he doesn't want to take the time to make this website any better. I agree, kind of a crazy response to say go to Instagram. I don't want to go to Instagram I want to go to GUU. This is a website specifically for people who want to collect game used items. Who wants to go to Facebook and Instagram to see the occasional people pop in-and-out who don't really care about game used items. It is what it is. Times change. Time to move on.

Comment

• KGoldin
        • Sep 2012

Sorry guys, didn’t mean to be so short
        my point was This is an issue that is affected all forms not just this one over the years
        if you look at traffic on all major forums they have been dramatically impacted by other social media was my point.
        tech resources are currently taxed launching the goldin marketplace. In time would like to upgrade this site, and will. Look to do

Comment

• bscylon
          • Mar 2018

My issue is sometimes you got someone says they are interested in a item, buy/trade or whatever. Then they start the excuses for not responding, and all. My experience has been they are not really interested, or trying to see if you are desperate to sell or something to give a lowball offer. This also puts doubt in my mind they will even complete a trade , like you send your item, and never see the offered item in trade. When I joined this site i was excited, but things just have slowed down, and then the things I just mentioned. Sad.

Comment

• 3arod13
            • Apr 2006

This will be my last comment on this. Ken's passion and priority is Goldin Auctions, not Game Used Universe, which is understandable, and his right to do so, so this isn't about slamming Ken. His site, so he can do as he desires. However, It is just so difficult to see that it is mainly being used for its members to participate in his auction contest. This was a great game used forum, with great people, who shared their knowledge and game used memorabilia with everyone. At a minimum, I wish Ken would partner up with someone who can run this forum like it used to be, while he can still use its members for his auction contest. And if that happened, he would probably have a lot more members on this site for his auction contest. For this site to be used for what it is being used for is, his auction contest, is just a waste of a great forum.. Thanks!
            Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• metsbats
              • Nov 2005

The GUU forum's technical platform is out dated and does not lend itself to the interactive experience that you can get on the modern social media sites like facebook and instagram. This is just one of the reasons why given it's current platform shortcomings GUF has lost is appeal. Not to say it was the primary reason but just one of many.
              metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• metsbats
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by bscylon
                My issue is sometimes you got someone says they are interested in a item, buy/trade or whatever. Then they start the excuses for not responding, and all. My experience has been they are not really interested, or trying to see if you are desperate to sell or something to give a lowball offer. This also puts doubt in my mind they will even complete a trade , like you send your item, and never see the offered item in trade. When I joined this site i was excited, but things just have slowed down, and then the things I just mentioned. Sad.

THis happens everywhere and not unque to GUU. On the FB game used sites there are plenty of tire kickers and non responders after posting items they claim to have interest in.
                metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• 3arod13
                  • Apr 2006

Then update the technical platform, as Ken said he was going to do when he he first took over this site. There are many of us not on social medial sites (facebook, instagram, etc.) and prefer forums like this. Just look at NET54. It's thriving, but it doesn't focus on game used as much as this site did. To be used solely for his auction contest is a waste of this site (except for Ken and those who participate in his auction contest). The excuses get old. But I think I get it now. Move on, it's not going to change. I now will accept that this site will never come back to what it was. Thanks! .
                  Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• 3arod13
                    • Apr 2006

Change the website name to Goldin Auctions Contest Universe
                    Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

Working...