Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What happened to this site

This website has gone from bad to terrible over the past few years. Goldin said he was gonna make it a better website and redo it that was a few years ago he hasn't done Jack squat. Use to be so fun to get on here and buy game used items and see what everybodys got going on with their game used stuff but anymore all you see is the obituaries. A website that will probably just fade away.

This website is so bad, you can’t even get a reply from anyone as to why it’s so bad.
    ALWAYS buying PHOTO MATCHED Marcus Allen and Anfernee Hardaway jerseys. Also always buying Tennessee Volunteer jerseys and anything Tony Delk.

I agree it is horrible. I am going to cancel my membership, and be done with it. Hardly any posts, and interaction. Pages on facebook get a little more people involved. Anyhow sucks this page is not really active or anything anymore

Is there another site for game used memorabilia?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    My biggest issue with this website involves all the spam messages and ads showing up here, and the total lack of interest the moderators seem to have in banning and removing all the crap they're posting.

Dave Miedema

I have to believe that Ken Goldin initially had good intentions to do what he said he was going to do for this site when he took it over. However, he has his hands in so many other things, maybe he underestimated what would take to do it. He mainly uses it's members and the site for his auction contest. He owns it, so I guess that's his right. However, I do agree that it is truly a waste to let this site become what it is today. I'm on this site every day, looking and hoping to see things pick-up one day. This site needs to be run by someone like Chris Cavalier again, or someone like Leon on NET54, who truly enjoys what he does, engages with members on the site, and provides a great and positive place for collectors. I will continue to check this site each day. And I will continue to hope that it will come back to what is used to me. Thanks!
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Your right Tony, I wish Chris Cavalier would take it back over or Leon from Net54. Those guys would know how to make this site better or at least give it a good try more than Goldin has. I do check back maybe once every couple weeks but nothing like I did 5 times a day when Chris had it. Most of my game used bats came from here and the great guys that sold them to me.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiSportsNut View Post
    Is there another site for game used memorabilia?

While I'm still an admin on this forum the activity certainly has slowed down over the last 5+ years.

I think these types of traditional forums have been replaced by social media like on Facebook. One of the major reasons in my opinion is social media platforms are more interactive and fosters better communication. (notifications etc). There are a lot of great fb pages out there for mlb game used and many GUF forum members are on it.

David
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

David,

Understandable, as things do change over time. I'm not on Facebook, so that's a bummer. However, this is the site where I started my game used collecting. My first Arod Game Used Bat I brought to this forum. As a newby, I got chewed up on, spit out, and then stepped on by the forum experts, who were trying to teach and educate me. I continued to defend the authenticity of my bat (yes, I didn't know any better). I learned quickly and became humble very quick. I learned to do the research, which made all the difference in the world. Now, when it comes to Arod Game Used Bats and Fielding Gloves, I consider myself an expert. I've studied and learned a lot over the years. The people and memories I have from this forum are ones I'll never forget. I went to an Orioles game and got to meet Andrew. His store at the stadium was pretty cool. So yes, I hate to see it gone, but who knows, one day, it may be reborn. Thanks!
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    My biggest issue with this website involves all the spam messages and ads showing up here, and the total lack of interest the moderators seem to have in banning and removing all the crap they're posting.

Dave Miedema

Dave, I went thru and banned those handful of members who have been generating spam. I also deleted the posts.

Please let me know if you see any which come up in the future. As I said unlike a social media site we don't get notifications of posts and moderate the old fashion way by manually scanning the posts.

Thanks
    David
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.