Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Getty Images

Re: Getty Images - I was shocked of the cost for one photo

Tony - I see you have Bonds photos posted which is a tough player to get done on a licensed basis. If you really want those photos, I can try to get a price from Barry's agent and see what the cost would be. My guess is expensive since there is always a royalty fee back to Getty. There are alternatives.

Chris has brought up some great points. There are licensing issues with the leagues, unions and sometimes the players directly. You want to do everything the right way.

Here is what I have done in the past. PhotoFile can ship me 50 8x10's of a photo I want for about $220 and they are 100% licensed and then they can be resold. You can then sell the prints you don't want. I have found that is the least expensive way to get it done. Bonds has his own deal so they can't do his photos except the ones they have already been licensed on their site. I didn't see any old photos of Bonds in a Pirates uni in their archives. www.PhotoFile.com

You can also purchase some photos from Sports Illustrated and purchase direct from them at $250 for an 11x14 for personal use. They have a bunch of old Bonds photos in his Pirates uniform and 100's in Giants uniform. http://www.sipictures.com/source/cfw...0|0|0&p=7&pk=4

Keep in mind with Sports Illustrated that if it is a Leifer or Walter Iooss SI photo you have to purchase direct from the photographer. Walter's photos will be several $100 to over $1,000 like his famous Jordan Slam photos that were in SI. http://www.walteriooss.com/

Another idea would be to see the photo you want and see if they credit a photographer by name so you could contact the photographer directly. Since many photographers take dozens of pictures during the game of a player, only a few are sometimes uploaded to Getty and other sites. Some photographers are willing to work with you on the unused photos if you use it for personal use only. Here is a pic of Bonds from 1989 that gives the following info:

Editorial
    07 Apr 1989

MLB Photos Archive
    By: Rich Pilling
    Major League Baseball
    People:Barry Bonds

Do a Google search for the photographer and sometimes you can find them as for instance I found Rich Pilling on Google who took a Bonds Pirates photo in 1989 and coincidentally it appears Rich works direct for MLB Photos now. Here is what I found on a Google search:

Rich Pilling: Director: Major League Baseball Photos
    Address:245 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10167, U.S.A. Phone:212-931-7464 workFax:212-949-5699

Many of the big sports photographers can also be contacted thru:
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/member_index.html

If I can be of any help for any members that want to go the PhotoFile route or have any questions, you can contact me at info@allstarsplus.com

Good luck. Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post
    I also think it is important for people to realize the potential ramifications of re-selling licensed products without authorization. I am not an expert on these matters but if Getty Images finds out this is happening, I would think they would have recourse with any individuals participating in those activities.

Once again, people are free to do whatever they want on their own. As for Game Used Universe, we will not allow those types of activities on this site.

Sincerely,
    Chris
    Chris - I think you meant re-selling the un-licensed product.

A member emailed me another good photo source to purchase from:

http://photostore.mlb.com/

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post
    Hello Jon,

Thanks for the post. For the record, we didn't mention anyone who made the previous posts because the purpose was not to call anyone out but to simply let everyone know our stance on this issue. While people can certainly do whatever they want outside the forum, we will not allow the forum to be used to make offers to other members.

I also think it is important for people to realize the potential ramifications of re-selling licensed products without authorization. I am not an expert on these matters but if Getty Images finds out this is happening, I would think they would have recourse with any individuals participating in those activities.

Once again, people are free to do whatever they want on their own. As for Game Used Universe, we will not allow those types of activities on this site.

Sincerely,
    Chris
    I understand you didn't mention anyone.I respect your authority on this one and understand why you came to that decision.I will no longer bring this subject up on the forum.Thanks for the response.
    jon
    Always looking for Manny Ramirez game used items

Getty images down?

Is anyone else having issues searching for images? The site pulls up, but everytime I type a search, I just get a blank page.

Re: Getty images down?

Everything is fine for me. Do you use the newer version of getty images or the old one? That could be a problem. Every time I went to the new version, it would come up with the "PAGE NOT RESPONDING" crap and it closed down. I now use the older version and everything works fine.

Re: Getty images down?

Thank you Kyle

That was the problem

Getty images

Well I know this is pretty hot topic, in regards to buying images off getty. I think that 99% of people used to go through the same guy, shall we say JG, for short

Well he is no longer doing pics....not sure what or why this is, but he is no longer doing them

Anyone know the scoop?? and more importantly do you have a contact that does them?

email me if you do rangersstars@yahoo.com

Re: Getty images

Funny you should mention him. I just got an email from him politely asking me to remove a post from another message board. I'd listed his contact info and mentioned that he seemed to be able to make prints of any Getty pic.

Seems kinda odd that he suddenly stopped. He was making a ton of money off of it and those images helped me make a few photomatches since they can be blown up so big.

DAMN IT !!! I WAS JUST ABOUT TO PLACE AN ORDER FOR SOME PICS FROM THIS SEASON.....