X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tay1038
    • Dec 2005

Re: Getty Images

Thome25,

In regards to your Getty Image photograph that you received. Is the photo crystal clear I assume. If you blow up areas that are Copyrighted on their site, will they show up clear on the high res?

Reason my asking, on the Mark McGwire photograph we spoke about before on a possible match to my 1998 gamer, would it clear up that area so I could see if its a direct match or not? Maybe even how the grain runs on the bat?

I have attached the photos below.

Thanks again for your thoughts and time.

Taylor
    Attached Files
    Email: Tay1038@aol.com
    - Interested in Current & Vintage Minnesota Twins game-used memorabilia - Killebrew, Oliva, Carew, Puckett, Hrbek, Blyleven, Mauer, Morneau, Tom Kelly (Manager), Minneapolis Millers & St. Paul Saints

Comment

• allstarsplus
      • Nov 2005

I don't know what defines high resolution, but the 2 pics that I purchased were very Hi Res as they came in sizes of 35,312KB to 23,981KB and they were huge. You could see individual blades of grass in the 1st picture.

I would think the pics you are looking at would even show the striations in the bat barrel.

Andrew
      Regards,
      Andrew Lang
      AllstarsPlus@aol.com
      202-716-8500

Comment

• brianborsch
        • Dec 2005

Andrew,

So when you bought pics from them, what size did you select to get such high resolution? Did you select the full size page option? Thats what I need to know...

Brian B

Comment

• allstarsplus
          • Nov 2005

Brian - Its been a while. Choose the largest size available. I figured the reason I got 2 sizes was that the photographers that took each of them used different types of cameras.

Good luck! Andrew
          Regards,
          Andrew Lang
          AllstarsPlus@aol.com
          202-716-8500

Comment

• thome25.com
            • Dec 2005

Brian, what you pay for is a file to download. Once you have saved to file you can open it and increase the size on your computer as much as you want without distorting. Additionally, I sent the photo to wal greens to have made into a 20x30 poster for 20.00... If you have questions call me at (253) 261 2275.

Comment

• hrvatwill
              • Jan 2008

Just curious as to whether anybody had called Nicholas and had success in reaching him. I called and left a detailed message as to what I was interested in and he has not returned the call. Perhaps he has been inundated with calls from GUU members and just doesn't have the time to respond to them? Or perhaps he does not view these types of requests as part of his professional mandate? Realistically, I'm sure he has much bigger fish to fry than me.

I am very interested in purchasing a photo or two from the game in the Yankees "Away Opener" series in which Phil Hughes pitched. I was the high bidder on Steiner Sports Auction for his game jersey and although it has not arrived yet, I have gotten permission from my wife to set up a display in our den. To that end, I would absolutely love to include a photo or two of him wearing the actual jersey.

If anybody can help me here or give me alternative guidance as to how to go about procuring the images, I would be most grateful. You can either post a reply to this thread or contact me at my personal email at hrvatwill@aol.com.

Many thanks.

Comment

• jkalathas
                • Dec 2007

Getty Account? In need of help.

I am trying to photo match a bat, but do not have a Getty images account. can someone help me out, with an account can you get higher resolution photos? thanks

Comment

• kylehess10
                  • Feb 2006

Re: Getty Account? In need of help.

The only way you can purchase the image is if you purchase the rights to it too. It costs in the thousands usually so what you see on getty is the biggest you'll be able to get.
                  kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
                  http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/

Comment

• thome25.com
                    • Dec 2005

you can get getty images now from between 50-100 dollars.

Comment

• kylehess10
                      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by thome25.com
                      you can get getty images now from between 50-100 dollars.

Where at??
                      kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
                      http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/

Comment

• allstarsplus
                        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by kylehess10
                        Where at??
                        Try this link:

Regards,
                        Andrew Lang
                        AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                        202-716-8500

Comment

• BO34
                          • Oct 2005

Getty Images/nfl Slides

Hello quick question for the board, if you purchase a slide from a NFL photographer and the image is on Getty or Wireimage who owns the rights? And if the holder of the slide owns the right doesn't Getty have to remove the image........????

Thanks,

BO@RAIDERSFAN.NET
                          Always looking for BO JACKSON RAIDER items

Comment

• Number9
                            • Mar 2006

Yet another Getty Images thread; their $49 offer doesn't work either?

sorry for yet another Getty thread, and yes, I have read all the earlier ones, but ..

I contacted Getty, trying to legimately buy an image with the $49.95 web-res offer prominent on their site. I clearly stated I just wanted the image of one of my favorite players, that matches one of my game worn jerseys, to frame at my home and got this response:

"Unfortunately, sports images require a special license distributed by the Players' Association. It is nearly impossible to get this license for personal usage. I apologize for your inconvenience. Thank you for contacting Getty Images!

Name removed
                            sales Associate
                            Getty Images, Inc."

================
                            So the $49.95 offer isn't even legitimate? Has anyone been able to buy an image this way? I was even ready to pay $100 for the image if neccesary.
                            I have to say the unreasonable attitudes of Getty and Icon Sports have become the biggest disappointment in the hobby to me right now. I try to do things legitimately and honestly, am ready to pay well for obscure images that are just sitting in a database, and yet just keep getting this unreasonable form responses.
                            Anyone have any luck with the $49.95 Getty 'offer'?

Mike
                            hockeyhistory62@yahoo.com

Comment

• jayt1234
                              • Apr 2007

I Tried as Well....

No luck either. I got a reply that essentially said the same thing. It seems as thought there are only select images available for this promotion. All I wanted were a few Drew Bledsoe images but gave up trying. Not a very clear process in my opinion. I am sure Getty images would love to sell photos at a huge mark up, but I am sure they are tied down by huge licenseing(sp?) agreements. Too bad really because there photos are great.

Comment

• mvandor
                                Banned
                                • Apr 2007

Re: Yet another Getty Images thread; their $49 offer doesn't work either?

Getty is incredibly overpriced and greedy. As are the pro leagues that license the pics to them. Nobody gets that if they were more reasonable the increase in volume would offset both theft and the lesser prices.

Comment

Working...