Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Getty Images

Hybrid View

Re: Getty Images

I just purchased one for 100.00.. It was not available for 49.00 because the 49.00 versions are low resolution.. Here is a direct number if you choose to do the same.

312 344 4284 Nicholas

Getty Account? In need of help.

I am trying to photo match a bat, but do not have a Getty images account. can someone help me out, with an account can you get higher resolution photos? thanks

Re: Getty Account? In need of help.

The only way you can purchase the image is if you purchase the rights to it too. It costs in the thousands usually so what you see on getty is the biggest you'll be able to get.

Getty Images/nfl Slides

Hello quick question for the board, if you purchase a slide from a NFL photographer and the image is on Getty or Wireimage who owns the rights? And if the holder of the slide owns the right doesn't Getty have to remove the image........????

Thanks,

BO@RAIDERSFAN.NET
    Always looking for BO JACKSON RAIDER items

Yet another Getty Images thread; their $49 offer doesn't work either?

sorry for yet another Getty thread, and yes, I have read all the earlier ones, but ..

I contacted Getty, trying to legimately buy an image with the $49.95 web-res offer prominent on their site. I clearly stated I just wanted the image of one of my favorite players, that matches one of my game worn jerseys, to frame at my home and got this response:

"Unfortunately, sports images require a special license distributed by the Players' Association. It is nearly impossible to get this license for personal usage. I apologize for your inconvenience. Thank you for contacting Getty Images!

Name removed
    sales Associate
    Getty Images, Inc."

================
    So the $49.95 offer isn't even legitimate? Has anyone been able to buy an image this way? I was even ready to pay $100 for the image if neccesary.
    I have to say the unreasonable attitudes of Getty and Icon Sports have become the biggest disappointment in the hobby to me right now. I try to do things legitimately and honestly, am ready to pay well for obscure images that are just sitting in a database, and yet just keep getting this unreasonable form responses.
    Anyone have any luck with the $49.95 Getty 'offer'?

Mike
    hockeyhistory62@yahoo.com

I Tried as Well....

No luck either. I got a reply that essentially said the same thing. It seems as thought there are only select images available for this promotion. All I wanted were a few Drew Bledsoe images but gave up trying. Not a very clear process in my opinion. I am sure Getty images would love to sell photos at a huge mark up, but I am sure they are tied down by huge licenseing(sp?) agreements. Too bad really because there photos are great.

Banned

Re: Yet another Getty Images thread; their $49 offer doesn't work either?

Number9 I just spoke with them and they said they would have no problem selling me an image but the images they are speaking of are very low resolution images to be put in a presentaion or on a website.
    When you click on a thumbnail and the bigger version pops up that is what they are selling for $49.
    About the size of an index card.

They also told me to get 8x10 or larger go to photofile.com which is a licensed subsidiary of them but are limited to the photos they have.
    She told me they are more price friendly.

8x10's starting at $5.95

OT: Getty or other Red Sox Image

Guys,

I am in the process of getting my 1987 Bruce Hurst Sox jersey framed and am looking for an 8x10 of him. It has the Fenway Anniversay patch so any pic with that patch would be a bonus.

I contacted Getty and they wanted $150. I think I hurt the girl's feelings when I laughed at her. I did apologize though.

Any ideas on where I could come up with an 8x10 of Hurst?

Thanks.

Kyle

Re: OT: Getty or other Red Sox Image

Off the subject a little but did you buy that Hurst jersey off e-bay a few months ago. If so... nice pickup.
    Always looking for great bats from members of the Red Sox HOF.

Getty Images Photo Match Question

Found a photomatch for a Joey Votto glove I have. Anyone order a picture from Getty images? Was the quality good? How much did it cost? Thanks,Tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Looking for Cincinnati Reds Game Used.....Please help me !!! kentuckywildcatzz@hotmail.com