X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mbenga28
    • Nov 2008

Re: getty images? purchase

their live chat is inconsistent, I was told by one representative I could purchase a sports image for personal use for $150 and another that I could not because it is intended for editorial purposes only, not for private use.

Comment

• capitalssticks
      • May 2009

I have alot of hi resolution images from the following teams
      NFL
      redskins, ravens
      NHL
      capitals, Penguins, Red Wings, Flyers and a ton of last years all star game and festivities

Comment

• GMac18
        • Dec 2009

Bert,

Check your inbox.
        Always looking for St. Louis Cardinals, Ole Miss, and Eli Manning items

gmac18@gmail.com

Comment

• BO34
          • Oct 2005

Hey regarding AP images, it seems that you can't view the entire collection unless you have a business, any thoughts since we are the board are probably users for personal use...also can you purchase photos off of the AP website even if the photographers are not part of their group...Thanks!

Comment

• LWMM
            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by BO34
            Hey regarding AP images, it seems that you can't view the entire collection unless you have a business, any thoughts since we are the board are probably users for personal use...also can you purchase photos off of the AP website even if the photographers are not part of their group...Thanks!
            I made an account on their website with no problems, you just have to fill out the usual "register an account" form.

To purchase photos, click on the link below. Even if the photo isn't on their site, you can describe it and they'll get back to you.

Comment

• BO34
              • Oct 2005

Great thanks I appreciate the info, will give it a try! This board is great..happy holidays!

Comment

• brianborsch
                • Dec 2005

I just got a response from Rueters for a print I was looking for and have since paid for it. It should be on it's way soon! I am PSYCHED!!!

Comment

• ferro39
                  • Sep 2008

just as an fyi, getty has people trolling message boards looking for people who are either looking to obtain their images from a source other than them as well as people who offer their images on the cheap

ive heard horror stories where they get lawyers involved and what not. my advice is to just be careful.

Comment

• brianborsch
                    • Dec 2005

Good advice. My situation is totally on the up and up so there is no chance of me getting in trouble. I bough 2 prints from the company that owns the rights to the pic I wanted. I tried to buy prints from the photographer direct, and he seemed open to it, then I he stonewalled me and did not respond. A year later, and the big company is able to sell now...works for me.

Comment

• allstarsplus
                      • Nov 2005

I tried to purchase an AP photo thru APimages.com which sent me to Pictopia. After my query, I got back this email:

Thank you for your interest in photographic reprints from Associated Press and Pictopia.

Unfortunately, we cannot fulfill your request (#1751384b32) at this time for the following reason: The requested image is not available for sale.

Please contact Getty Images for MLB photos. Thank you.

Please visit our galleries again for other photos that may be of interest to you, and do not hesitate to make new requests in the future.

If you have any further questions about this, contact us. Please use your Request id# 1751384b32 in any correspondence with us.

Thank you,

Customer Service

The Pictopia Team
                      (800) 390-7269
                      customerservice@pictopia.com
                      Regards,
                      Andrew Lang
                      AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                      202-716-8500

Comment

• allstarsplus
                        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by LWMM
                        I made an account on their website with no problems, you just have to fill out the usual "register an account" form.

To purchase photos, click on the link below. Even if the photo isn't on their site, you can describe it and they'll get back to you.

http://gallery.pictopia.com/ap/requests/
                        That is the exact way I went when I got my email back in the response in my previous post.

What am I doing wrong?
                        Regards,
                        Andrew Lang
                        AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                        202-716-8500

Comment

• brianborsch
                          • Dec 2005

Hey Andrew,

I am not sure. The photo I got was not an MLB photo so that may be why I could get my pic and you could not. Or maybe someone there got it wrong. My request was for a pic of 2008 World Series bats hanging in the LVS factory to dry. My game issued Evan Longoria WS bat is pictured in that picture! The last piece of provenance to go with my favorite game issued piece.

Comment

• brianborsch
                            • Dec 2005

Just to close this one out, I just received my pics from Reuters and they are AWESOME! I wasn't sure on what size to get so I got two sizes: 20 and 14. I got them with the caption that explains what is happening in the pic. I now have 2 high-res prints photomatching my game issued Evan Longoria WS bat hanging in the LVS factory to dry. I have a couple other photo needs, so we'll see how those go. Then we will see if Reuters works with actual game photos.

Comment

• Dewey2007
                              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by allstarsplus
                              I tried to purchase an AP photo thru APimages.com which sent me to Pictopia. After my query, I got back this email:

Thank you for your interest in photographic reprints from Associated Press and Pictopia.

Unfortunately, we cannot fulfill your request (#1751384b32) at this time for the following reason: The requested image is not available for sale.

Please contact Getty Images for MLB photos. Thank you.

Please visit our galleries again for other photos that may be of interest to you, and do not hesitate to make new requests in the future.

If you have any further questions about this, contact us. Please use your Request id# 1751384b32 in any correspondence with us.

Thank you,

Customer Service

The Pictopia Team
                              (800) 390-7269
                              customerservice@pictopia.com
                              Were they MLB pics you were trying to buy? If so, that's weird because I never had any problems buying MLB pics through Pictopia. I"ve gotten a similar response when I tried to buy some NBA pics (NBA rights to photos) and recently some Jason Kidd college pics.
                              sigpicwww.alamedasportsproject.com

Comment

• Dewey2007
                                • Dec 2007

Duh, it said right in your post they were MLB photos. Sorry about that. It's early on the Left coast!
                                sigpicwww.alamedasportsproject.com

Comment

Working...