Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Getty Images

Re: getty images? purchase

their live chat is inconsistent, I was told by one representative I could purchase a sports image for personal use for $150 and another that I could not because it is intended for editorial purposes only, not for private use.

I have alot of hi resolution images from the following teams
    NFL
    redskins, ravens
    NHL
    capitals, Penguins, Red Wings, Flyers and a ton of last years all star game and festivities

Bert,

Check your inbox.
    Always looking for St. Louis Cardinals, Ole Miss, and Eli Manning items

gmac18@gmail.com

Hey regarding AP images, it seems that you can't view the entire collection unless you have a business, any thoughts since we are the board are probably users for personal use...also can you purchase photos off of the AP website even if the photographers are not part of their group...Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BO34 View Post
    Hey regarding AP images, it seems that you can't view the entire collection unless you have a business, any thoughts since we are the board are probably users for personal use...also can you purchase photos off of the AP website even if the photographers are not part of their group...Thanks!
    I made an account on their website with no problems, you just have to fill out the usual "register an account" form.

To purchase photos, click on the link below. Even if the photo isn't on their site, you can describe it and they'll get back to you.

http://gallery.pictopia.com/ap/requests/

Great thanks I appreciate the info, will give it a try! This board is great..happy holidays!

I just got a response from Rueters for a print I was looking for and have since paid for it. It should be on it's way soon! I am PSYCHED!!!

just as an fyi, getty has people trolling message boards looking for people who are either looking to obtain their images from a source other than them as well as people who offer their images on the cheap

ive heard horror stories where they get lawyers involved and what not. my advice is to just be careful.

Good advice. My situation is totally on the up and up so there is no chance of me getting in trouble. I bough 2 prints from the company that owns the rights to the pic I wanted. I tried to buy prints from the photographer direct, and he seemed open to it, then I he stonewalled me and did not respond. A year later, and the big company is able to sell now...works for me.

I tried to purchase an AP photo thru APimages.com which sent me to Pictopia. After my query, I got back this email:

Thank you for your interest in photographic reprints from Associated Press and Pictopia.

Unfortunately, we cannot fulfill your request (#1751384b32) at this time for the following reason: The requested image is not available for sale.

Please contact Getty Images for MLB photos. Thank you.

Please visit our galleries again for other photos that may be of interest to you, and do not hesitate to make new requests in the future.

If you have any further questions about this, contact us. Please use your Request id# 1751384b32 in any correspondence with us.

Thank you,

Customer Service

The Pictopia Team
    (800) 390-7269
    customerservice@pictopia.com
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500