Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Getty Images

How to buy from Getty?

Does anyone know how to buy a image from Getty? I have a account but never tried to the purchase from them before. I don't understand the licensing am I able to print a picture if I buy the individual license?

Re: How to buy from Getty?

You can buy a pic off Getty but it usually costs anywhere between $1000-$1500 each.

try contacting Pictopia, there were some photos I asked if they had from GettyImages that they were able to print out. I think they have to be of current players though.

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    You can buy a pic off Getty but it usually costs anywhere between $1000-$1500 each.
    hi kyle can one purchase them for personal use? one time I wanted to purchase an image but they said because it was labeled "editorial use" they wouldn't let me, a private buyer, purchase them.

Quote Originally Posted by yankees24 View Post
    hi kyle can one purchase them for personal use? one time I wanted to purchase an image but they said because it was labeled "editorial use" they wouldn't let me, a private buyer, purchase them.

I've tried asking Getty about that before in the past and there was no way I could get around their high pricetags. I know you can purchase images off the AP site, which are sometimes the same ones on Getty, but that's the only site I know of that will sell images for cheap.

I believe Getty and Corbis supplies images to publishers of magazines, books, etc and not for individual's use. They give the publisher's a really big image that can be printed out.

An out here is they also provide images to web sites (after all CNN, ESPN have websites), and you may qualify as a publisher, and be able to get the big image, if you own a website.

Yeah, I've contacted getty several times trying to find a way to buy an image for less than like $500 and there is really no way at all.

Also, pictopia sells AP images and if you're looking for AP images of NFL, then go to replayphotos.com. They have a deal with AP to sell their NFL images, but only if they're taken by a staff photographer. For example, Steve Spinelli is a photographer that has a ton of NFL photos on AP, but you can't buy them. It's weird, i know, but I've had several conversations with Replay Photos about it and they're supposed to be working on a deal. Who knows if/when that'll be though.

Buying From Getty Images?

Hey Guys,

I know this post comes up every now and again, but has anybody tried to purchase from Getty recently? If so, any tips? I tried their online help and the guy said "we are a business to business organization. We don't do personal requests. Try photofiles.com," and disconnected me. Lovely service.

Any advice on who to talk to, how to go about buying, etc? Any help would be appreciated on this.

Thanks,
    Josh

Re: Buying From Getty Images?

yea right.......they charge ridiculous amounts for images. what are you looking for?

Getty Images

Does anyone know anything about purchasing images from Getty ? I just want to buy some 8x10 or 12 x 16, and I have two jerseys that can be photomatched to images on their site.

Thanks in advance.
    Mike