Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Getty Images

Banned

Re: Question regarding Getty Images

Quote Originally Posted by BaseballGM
    I don't see why you feel that there should be two tiers of pricing. More people would be interested if not for the high prices of non-purchased MeiGray jerseys.
    So, MeiGray should do this as a public service?

There is two prices because they profit off items you buy from them, and if you are not buying an item and just a photo, they have to pay for that photo so their reasoning is acceptable.

Looking at the responses from Rob and Howard I do not see any issues.

Banned

If they were doing that as a public service than it would be free. My point was that charging those prices (almost 3x) is unreasonable for me. I don't own higher end items so paying $100 for a photo doesn't make sense. -Kevin

Here's a way to get your photo matched picture for 19 cents. Find the picture you want (I usually use google images cuz theres no logo across the photo). Then simply print it using walmarts online photo center. It's the same price as regular photos (19 cents each for a 4x6). I actually just got some printed today. I got a few 5x7 pics printed to get autographed since I can't afford to buy tons of photos. They have really nice color AND it's on high-quality paper. Also it only cost me $2 which was already paid by credit card when I first ordered them on walmart. Here's a link to it:

http://www.walmart.com/photo-center?...5426&dept=5426

I get tired of people busting on MeiGray for offering something that would not otherwise be available to the general public. I'd love the opportunity to get similarly priced images for my non-NHL game used items.

Barry:

Please sign me up as at least one more intrested non-hockey party and count me as the 3rd in line.
    Patrick W. Scoggin
    Endzone Sports Charities
    www.EndzoneSportsCharities.org

Getty Images

Ok, I saw some previous posts so I wanted to ask if anyone has ever purchased an image from them. going through the pricing it looks as if I purchase the picture it is $220. How does this work? Do they send the image to you as a computer file, negative?

Basically I want to purcahse an immage and have it printed on a canvas, I believe the term is art glicee.

Is this somethign where I can take this to a phtography shop and have them print it up.

If you have seen the Tiger Woods Signed Masters Flag display where there is an image of him put on canvas and then a Masters Flag displayed above it, this is what I am looking at doing.

Thanks for any help

Worldchamps

On a side note, what would stop someone from buying one of these images, and printing up 1000's of 8x10's and selling them???

Banned

Re: Getty Images

World champs how about the cost!!!

It cost you $220 to buy it
    It costs at your local photo shop to print each photo $5 x 1000 = $5000
    Also is there that much demand for that particular photo that your really going to sell a 1000?

So lets do the math.
    $5,000
    $220
    + demand

= chances are your going to be stuck with a lot of photos

I am also pretty sure you have to be a professional photograpger or a business that deals with media outlets to purchase photos from Getty. I do not think they sell to individuals.

Banned

from last i heard they do sell to individuals but its costly

Well that was all on a side note, I was just thinking.

My real question is I really wanted to know if anyone had purchased from them and how it works. There is one image that would be worth that to me, if I could get it blown up and put on canvas.

I am wanting to replica an Upper Deck Item, and by going this route I think it could be done at a 1/4 of the cost.