X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • weimerskirch
    • Jan 2006

Re: Getty Images

Team,

The poster was correct on pricing. Getty Images will permit the buyer to upload the photo for $220.00. This is Getty's fee to print one photo. If you want to print 2 or more the price goes up. The pricing is based on quantity, what you are going to use the file for, and for how long you want permission to use the file. I do not know if they offer their services to individuals. As the partner in a company that I own, I am having our marketing/printing firm purchase two baseball photos for me for $220.00 each. They will then enlarge each picture (in my case 20" x 30") for $80.00 each so I have a total of $600.00 for two photos.

I would not go down the road of printing more photos than you are authorized to print. If you are caught the fines could be in the tens of thousands of dollars, plus you will be sued in their state, which I believe is NY....It is just not worth it....besides it is stealing.

If you want the name of my marketing firm you can email me at mweimerskirch@rsi-llc.com

Take care

Mark

Comment

• worldchamps
      • Dec 2005

Thanks for the help Mark, that is actually what I wanted to know. For $300 I could have a nice image blown up on a canvas.

Yeah I regret the statement I made on multiple copies, I would not be interesting in doing that anyways even if I could.

From everything I can gather, anyone, either a business or indidvual can do this.

Take care
      sigpic

Comment

• Nathan
        • Nov 2005

Before going directly through Getty, you may want to contact Barry Meisel of the MeiGray Group (www.meigray.com). He's worked out a deal with Getty to allow for greater access to their photographic database and, depending on what the overall volume they've had with that deal, may be more helpful (and cheaper) than going through Getty directly.
        Looking for Duane Kuiper home run baseballs

Comment

• baltos
          • Nov 2005

Re: Question regarding Getty Images

Originally posted by kylehess10
          Here's a way to get your photo matched picture for 19 cents. Find the picture you want (I usually use google images cuz theres no logo across the photo). Then simply print it using walmarts online photo center. It's the same price as regular photos (19 cents each for a 4x6). I actually just got some printed today. I got a few 5x7 pics printed to get autographed since I can't afford to buy tons of photos. They have really nice color AND it's on high-quality paper. Also it only cost me $2 which was already paid by credit card when I first ordered them on walmart. Here's a link to it:

http://www.walmart.com/photo-center?...5426&dept=5426
          What you just described is known as copyright infringement and can cost you in the tens of thousands if he copyright holder were to persue a lawsuit.

I would not recommend this very unethical and criminal way of saving a few bucks.

Comment

• PK
            • Feb 2006

Right now, Barry and Meigray only sell photos of hockey jerseys purchesed through Meigray. They use the service as a way to photo match the hockey jerseys Meigray sells.

Barry said in another thread that if there is enought interest, he would look into other sports. So giving him a shout would let him know there is interest in other sports, but I doubt he can get you the photo you are looking for unless it is a Hockey photo

Comment

• stkmtimo
              • Nov 2005

Getty Images?

I don't want to sound like I'm ignorant, but do you have to pay for Getty Images now? I know that you can still look at the thumbnails for free but I can no longer get the regular-sized photos that I used to be able to get by clicking on them. Is this a problem I'm only having or do you have to pay for the privelege of looking at them?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
              Tim

Comment

• BULBUS
                • Nov 2005

Re: Getty Images?

try disableing your pop-up blocker for that website.
                Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
                sigpic
                donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

• trsent
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2005

I am not having problems accessing their images as usual.

Comment

• stkmtimo
                    • Nov 2005

Thanks guys. Must be my computer. I tried it on a different one and it's fine. I'll try and figure it out here!

Tim

Comment

• JD&TANMAN
                      • Apr 2006

Could someone please post a link to there site, thanks

Comment

• pietraynor
                        • Nov 2005

Try gettyimages.com

Comment

• indyred
                          • May 2006

I know Meigray has a deal in place with getty on photomatching jerseys. Would be cool if other companys dealing in game used stuff worked on photomatching specific items.

Comment

• sandman02910
                            • Nov 2005

jgulinosports Getty Photos

Has anyone had any recent contact with Jay of jgulinosports.com. I received my first order from him about a month ago and everything was fantastic. I have been trying to email him for about 10 days to place another order but have not received a response. Does anyone know the best way to contact him.
                            Thanks
                            Scott Sawyer

Comment

• worldchamps
                              • Dec 2005

Re: jgulinosports Getty Photos

I sent an email to him yesterday and haven't heard back, in the past he has been very fast to reply back. Maybe he is on vacation?
                              sigpic

Comment

• thomecollector
                                • May 2006

Re: jgulinosports Getty Photos

I got some pics from him about a month ago. They were great. Try to call him. he may be listed.
                                Roger Ward- Thomecollector
                                thomecollector@verizon.net

Comment

Working...