Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Getty Images

Getty Images - I was shocked of the cost for one photo

Emailed Getty Images to find out how much it would cost to purchase just one pictures. Here's the response:

Hello Anthony,

Thank you for your email!

Yes, we do sell images for personal use. The cost of purchasing the file is around $270.00 an image.

Kind Regards,

Getty Images Inc.
    1-800-IMAGERY

Re: Getty Images - I was shocked of the cost for one photo

Hello Everyone,

The topic of reselling Getty images to members on our site has been addressed in a previous thread. I am re-posting the information here for those who may not have seen the previous post. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Sincerely, Chris:

Hello Everyone,

I have spoken to Getty Images directly about individuals attempting to resell Getty Images to our members. As per that conversation, I have been informed that Getty Images does not give authorization for this type of activity. Therefore, I deleted an earlier message on this forum where the poster proposed they can offer such a service. That post, and others similar to it, will remain off this site unless the poster can provide us with evidence of authorization from Getty Images.

In addition, since Game Used Universe does not condone the unauthorized distribution of licensed properties, all future posts regarding the resale of Getty Images will be deleted from this site. Now that Getty Images has made this point clear, while individuals can certainly make their our choice of purchasing anything they want in the open market, any unauthorized purchase of licensed materials will have to be done outside of Game Used Universe.

Please feel free to post your comments here or email me directly if you have any questions about this issue.

Sincerely,
    Christopher Cavalier
    CEO - Game Used Universe

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post
    Hello Everyone,

The topic of reselling Getty images to members on our site has been addressed in a previous thread. I am re-posting the information here for those who may not have seen the previous post. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Sincerely, Chris:

Hello Everyone,

I have spoken to Getty Images directly about individuals attempting to resell Getty Images to our members. As per that conversation, I have been informed that Getty Images does not give authorization for this type of activity. Therefore, I deleted an earlier message on this forum where the poster proposed they can offer such a service. That post, and others similar to it, will remain off this site unless the poster can provide us with evidence of authorization from Getty Images.

In addition, since Game Used Universe does not condone the unauthorized distribution of licensed properties, all future posts regarding the resale of Getty Images will be deleted from this site. Now that Getty Images has made this point clear, while individuals can certainly make their our choice of purchasing anything they want in the open market, any unauthorized purchase of licensed materials will have to be done outside of Game Used Universe.

Please feel free to post your comments here or email me directly if you have any questions about this issue.

Sincerely,
    Christopher Cavalier
    CEO - Game Used Universe
    Chris,

Confused. Why did you attached this to my thread?

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Chris,

Confused. Why did you attached this to my thread?
    Hello Tony,

There were a couple of people who made posts suggesting they could offer Getty Images at a lower price after you posted. Those posts were deleted and I made the above post so that people would be aware of our policy.

Sorry if it caused any confusion.

Sincerely,
    Chris

Hello Tony,

There were a couple of people who made posts suggesting they could offer Getty Images at a lower price after you posted. Those posts were deleted and I made the above post so that people would be aware of our policy.

Sorry if it caused any confusion.

Sincerely,
    Chris
    That's ok. I thought maybe I worded this wrong in a negative manner. I was only stating how shocked I was to find out what gettyimages charges for just one picture.

Regards, Tony

Getty and Corbis are like Associated Press in that they primarily provide images to be reproduced in magazines, books and newspapers. Most clients pay for an image and reproduce it thousands of times.

Corbis is owned by Bill Gates and they own an incredible and probably priceless archive of original vintage photos including negatives. They have a giant storage building that is set at a constant, cold temperature to preserve the photos.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Getty and Corbis are like Associated Press in that they primarily provide images to be reproduced in magazines, books and newspapers. Most clients pay for an image and reproduce it thousands of times.
    Guess that's why they're so expensive. Would still be nice if they could sell just one pic and email you the .jpg

They have 3 pics I need. Can't find these on any other website.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Hello Everyone,

Hello Everyone,

Sincerely,
    Christopher Cavalier
    CEO - Game Used Universe
    Sorry Chris i didn't know i was breaking the rules.I was not offering my services.I was offering someone else's and was going to provide that persons email through private channels.I would not post anything about that person on the forum.I thought that was the way to go about it as that had been done recently even after you posted the original thread about the resale od getty images.So the rule from here on out is no talking whatsoever about the possibility of collectors contacting me or others through private channels to find out how to get these images that many of us use to photomatch items?This needs to be cleared up once and for all as there is definitely some confusion here.Thanks
    jon
    Always looking for Manny Ramirez game used items

Quote Originally Posted by jon_8_us View Post
    Sorry Chris i didn't know i was breaking the rules.I was not offering my services.I was offering someone else's and was going to provide that persons email through private channels.I would not post anything about that person on the forum.I thought that was the way to go about it as that had been done recently even after you posted the original thread about the resale od getty images.So the rule from here on out is no talking whatsoever about the possibility of collectors contacting me or others through private channels to find out how to get these images that many of us use to photomatch items?This needs to be cleared up once and for all as there is definitely some confusion here.Thanks
    jon
    Hello Jon,

Thanks for the post. For the record, we didn't mention anyone who made the previous posts because the purpose was not to call anyone out but to simply let everyone know our stance on this issue. While people can certainly do whatever they want outside the forum, we will not allow the forum to be used to make offers to other members.

I also think it is important for people to realize the potential ramifications of re-selling licensed products without authorization. I am not an expert on these matters but if Getty Images finds out this is happening, I would think they would have recourse with any individuals participating in those activities.

Once again, people are free to do whatever they want on their own. As for Game Used Universe, we will not allow those types of activities on this site.

Sincerely,
    Chris