X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brianborsch
    • Dec 2005

Re: getty images? purchase

Hey Dewey,

No the pics were not MLB pics. But apparently you are saying pictopia can get you prints of MLB pics. That's good, because the next pics I want will be MLB pics. I just have my doubts based on Andrew Lang's experience with trying to get MLB photos from them.

Comment

• brianborsch
      • Dec 2005

Nevermind, you weren't responding to my post. But I sure hope they will sell me prints of mlb pics. We'll see. It is early on the left coast!

Comment

• Dewey2007
        • Dec 2007

I've bought three Dontrelle Willis MLB pics from them in the past and there was never a problem with availability. Same with the NFL, the two pics I wanted were available as well. I thought it was just the NBA that was off limits but apparently there are others too. Now that I think about it I vaguely remember Getty buying the rights to some pics but can't remember exactly what it was.
        sigpicwww.alamedasportsproject.com

Comment

• jimphilips
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by mbenga28
          their live chat is inconsistent, I was told by one representative I could purchase a sports image for personal use for $150 and another that I could not because it is intended for editorial purposes only, not for private use.
          Exactly the same thing happened to me.

Larry

Comment

• HawaiiSportsNut
            • Dec 2009

WTB Kurt Suzuki Getty Imgaes Photograph

I am interested in buying a 8X10 photo of Kurt Suzuki. I saw it on the Getty Images website, it is photo #82766061. Please let me know if you have a photo for sale (if the price is not to high).

Email me at guppies@guppies4me.com

Thanks
            sigpic

Comment

• jetersbatboy
              • Jun 2008

How to buy from Getty?

Does anyone know how to buy a image from Getty? I have a account but never tried to the purchase from them before. I don't understand the licensing am I able to print a picture if I buy the individual license?

Comment

• kylehess10
                • Feb 2006

Re: How to buy from Getty?

You can buy a pic off Getty but it usually costs anywhere between $1000-$1500 each.
                kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
                http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/

Comment

• yankees24
                  • Aug 2008

try contacting Pictopia, there were some photos I asked if they had from GettyImages that they were able to print out. I think they have to be of current players though.

Comment

• yankees24
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by kylehess10
                    You can buy a pic off Getty but it usually costs anywhere between $1000-$1500 each.
                    hi kyle can one purchase them for personal use? one time I wanted to purchase an image but they said because it was labeled "editorial use" they wouldn't let me, a private buyer, purchase them.

Comment

• kylehess10
                      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by yankees24
                      hi kyle can one purchase them for personal use? one time I wanted to purchase an image but they said because it was labeled "editorial use" they wouldn't let me, a private buyer, purchase them.

I've tried asking Getty about that before in the past and there was no way I could get around their high pricetags. I know you can purchase images off the AP site, which are sometimes the same ones on Getty, but that's the only site I know of that will sell images for cheap.
                      kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
                      http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/

Comment

• David
                        • Sep 2024

I believe Getty and Corbis supplies images to publishers of magazines, books, etc and not for individual's use. They give the publisher's a really big image that can be printed out.

An out here is they also provide images to web sites (after all CNN, ESPN have websites), and you may qualify as a publisher, and be able to get the big image, if you own a website.

Comment

• skinsfan0521
                          • Apr 2009

Yeah, I've contacted getty several times trying to find a way to buy an image for less than like $500 and there is really no way at all.

Also, pictopia sells AP images and if you're looking for AP images of NFL, then go to replayphotos.com. They have a deal with AP to sell their NFL images, but only if they're taken by a staff photographer. For example, Steve Spinelli is a photographer that has a ton of NFL photos on AP, but you can't buy them. It's weird, i know, but I've had several conversations with Replay Photos about it and they're supposed to be working on a deal. Who knows if/when that'll be though.

Comment

• jshortt
                            • Sep 2007

Buying From Getty Images?

Hey Guys,

I know this post comes up every now and again, but has anybody tried to purchase from Getty recently? If so, any tips? I tried their online help and the guy said "we are a business to business organization. We don't do personal requests. Try photofiles.com," and disconnected me. Lovely service.

Any advice on who to talk to, how to go about buying, etc? Any help would be appreciated on this.

Thanks,
                            Josh

Comment

• scootmagroot
                              • Oct 2009

Re: Buying From Getty Images?

yea right.......they charge ridiculous amounts for images. what are you looking for?

Comment

• obpercent1
                                • Nov 2007

Getty Images

Does anyone know anything about purchasing images from Getty ? I just want to buy some 8x10 or 12 x 16, and I have two jerseys that can be photomatched to images on their site.

Thanks in advance.
                                Mike

Comment

Working...