Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Getty Images

admin

Getty Images...?

Getty Images...?

November 13 2005 at 2:17 PM G.Todd (Login 33bird)

Was wondering if anybody knows if you can buy single prints of pictures from Getty Images? Or are all their pictures for marketing? There are a couple of Larry Bird pictures I would like to have from them, but I couldn't find a way to purchase them. Thanks for your help.

AuthorReply

Chris Wilson
    (Login SDteams)
    Getty Images

November 14 2005, 12:20 AM
    Hello,

I recently contacted Getty Images about purchasing several pictures from their archives. Unless you represent another media source, they really don't want to deal with you. They will, however, sell you the photo(s) you desire if you are willing to buy,let's say,100 or so copies of the same photo.
    This was my experience. Perhaps you should contact G/I yourself and see what they have to say. GOOD LUCK!

Chris

davidcycleback
    (Login drcycleb)
    Re: Getty Images

November 14 2005, 3:32 AM
    Getty and Corbis are in the business of supply images to newspapers, magazines and books, so you pretty much have to be a publisher to get the big clear images. They are like Associated Press and UPI. If they knew how much game used collectors used their searches, they might not be so exclusive.
    both-teams-played-hard
    (Login both-teams-played-hard)
    Watermarks...

November 14 2005, 12:16 PM
    Anybody ever use photoshop to remove a Getty watermark from a photo?

Swoboda4
    (Login swoboda4)
    Watermark

November 14 2005, 12:30 PM
    No-I haven't,but from looking at both Getty and Corbis' watermark it would appear to be easier to photoshop Corbis.

Greg
    (Login otismalibu)
    SI Pictures

November 14 2005, 1:04 PM
    I asked them about purchasing pics and they quoted me $400 for a 16x20.

both-teams-played-hard
    Re: Watermark

November 14 2005, 1:10 PM
    Getty recently added to their watermark, making it larger and more difficult to alter. They realize folks steal their images and many photos have extra logos as watermarks (ie NBA logo), and different companies who own the images. Corbis' watermark is much, much lighter, but larger and harder to remove. I've heard that the "original" watermark that said "gettyimages" could be removed on photoshop with a little patience...this is the only watermark on many vintage photos...recent photos ALL have detailed watermarks that are difficult to alter.

*disclaimer
    This activity is illegal and I do not endorse altering copywritten images.

G. Todd
    (Login 33bird)
    Other image sites?

November 14 2005, 4:35 PM
    Who, besides Gettys and Corbis, is a good site to find sports pictures? Is there any others out there (besides google and yahoo seaches)? Let me know. thanks.

both-teams-played-hard
    A must for Basketball Fans!

November 14 2005, 5:21 PM
    All from the same photographer...prints are available at a reasonable price.
    http://bermansports.com/

G. Todd
    (Login 33bird)
    Any others..

November 14 2005, 5:29 PM
    that's a great site for the 1970s. What about for the 1980's NBA or pro sports in general? LMK. Thanks.

Getty Images

Hello...I know many collectors use Getty Images to reference player photos, however, I can't seem to get the thumbnail images to load into a larger picture...am I doing something wrong?

hello from Italy,
    same problem with the thumbnail for about 3 weeks, now is all OK....!!!???
    and i still don't know why,
    Alberto

Getty Images

Hi, can someone please instruct me on how to download images from gettyimages.com? I created an account, put pictures in my cart, but that is as far as I got. Nothing happens when I click on calculate price. When I click on help, nothing happens as well. What am I doing wrong????

Thanks,
    Chris

Chris,

On Getty I think you have to have a corporate account and belong to a newspaper or other publication group. It would be great if collectors could purchase photos from getty.

Bobby

Banned

Bobby-
    MeiGray has an agreement with Getty, allowing individual photos to be purchased. I have no idea how much they are, or the specific details, however, I suggest contacting the folks at MeiGray to find out.

hope this helps.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Team,

Howard and Bobby are correct in that many of the photos on Getty's can only be purchased by organizations for publications, ads, in-house corporate newsletters, etc. I am in the process of opening up an account. The pricing differs depending on quite a few criteria. Ex. How will the photo be used?, How long do you want permission to use the photo? How many copies will your organization make. I can give you an example on pricing. I am purchasing the rights to a couple of photos so I can enlarge them and put them in my corporate office. The cost to purchase the rights is $220.00 US. This right allows me to print off 1 photo (20x30) and that is it. I cannot make additional photos and I do not have the rights to sell the photo period. If so, I would be in a world of litigation. So the total cost to put one photo in my corporate office in roughly $285.00 US as this includes a $65.00 from my marketing/printing company that I use.

If I can be of any other assistance please email me at www.mweimerskirch@rsi-llc.com

Sincerely,

Mark Weimerskirch
    Partner
    Risk Solutions International
    1330 Avenue of the Americas, 36th Floor
    New York, NY 10019
    212.842.1587 office
    313.354.3904 cell
    www.rsi-llc.com

getty question

I'm fairly new to the game used bat hobby but a regular reader of the forum. My question is regarding the getty images website. How can I make the smaller images larger. When I try to click on any of the links for a particular image, nothing happens. Any help is appreciated. kelly

Re: getty question

Did you try double clicking on the image? Works for me.

Re: getty question

i have the same problem at home, but at work i can click on them and they enlarge in a pop up window. maybe it has something to do with the pop up settings. i dont know???