Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Ron Santo Uniform on ebay......

Is this not the bomb!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/1974-Ron-Santo-C...em320093801595

Would a Cubs die hard bid on this?? Great looking uni........

Re: Ron Santo Uniform on ebay......

Great uniform. If it was anyone but Santo, I don't think a Cubs fan would bid on it. If I didn't already have one of his Cubs flannels, I'd definitely bid for my personal collection. If Ernie Banks didn't have claim to the title, I think Ronnie would definitely be considered "Mr. Cub". You'd be hard-pressed to find a more beloved player (or former player) in Wrigleyville. It's a crime that this man isn't being enshrined this summer.
    Rob Steinmetz
    www.authenticgamers.com
    authenticgamers@aol.com

Paying top dollar for Chicago Cubs game used equipment!

Here's some food for thought. Lelands also auctioned a Santo Sox uniform in 2005 with a slight difference. The Lelands jersey was a size 44 while the ebay jersey is a size 42. Would the cash stapped Sox order two different sizes for Santo in 1974? Not likely, but you never know. Without doing some research I would guess Santo wore a size 42 for most of his carrer and if I had my choice I would go with the ebay jersey. Here's a link to the Leland's Sox Santo:

http://www.lelands.com/bid.aspx?auctionid=512&lot=615

Mike

Let me also add the Leyland's sold this jersey (the one on eBay) with pants and socks back in August 1992 in the Hall of Fame live auction. I have the catalog. The hammer price? A bargain at $1,760. The hammer on his 1967 gold glove award? Only $7,700. I love these old catalogs where I actually kept the winning prices.