Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Chili Davis bat records

Hello, is it possible to have any info about Chili davis' bats shipping records ?

I know that Chili used primarely Rawlings in his career, but I've seen in pictures that he used also HB. I've a HB Louisville Slugger model C271 used in his year in KC with great use on both side of the barrel, but I couldn't came up with a photo match of Chili swinging a HB bat in KC uniform.
    Anyone can help ?

Thanks

Stefano

Re: Chili Davis bat records

Unfortunately we do not have Chili's Louisville Slugger shipping records. You are correct that he used a lot of Adirondack bats during his career - but I believe I have seen a couple of Louisville Slugger Davis bats over the years. You should try a "Chili Davis photo" search on the web - check Getty images and also other image websites to see what you can find. Also check ebay for Davis photos - you'd be surprised what you might find.....

Can anyone else help?

Lastly - if your bat a "Chili Davis" block letter bat??

Good luck - Jim

I own a Chili Davis Louisville Slugger from his time with the Minnesota Twins. It is a K75 Model with Davis' signature on the barrel: Charles "Chili" Davis. Not sure if this info helps you out.

Brian

big10champ@msn.com

In the absence of Chili Davis' personal H & B factory records, the book AMERICA'S BAT lists his most frequently ordered H & B model as C271C (cupped end) with a length of 34.5 inches and a weight of 33 ounces. Hope this helps.

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

Jim,
    the bat I have has a Charles "Chili" Davis signature, the correct labeling for a 1997 bat, the year he played in KC. I found an old picture of a Steiner auctioned bat from 1998, his first Yankee year and it's a HB model C271.

Brian,
    thanks for the info, infact the only cards I have with Chili using an HB bat are of his Twins years.

Mike,
    great info Thanks ! I really would have loved to have that book, I just missed it on ebay by only $3 !