Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Manny' s grill on ebay!

Re: Manny' s grill on ebay!

It appears that this auction is destined to be screwed up by some jerks out there.Manny is to much of a celebrity to try to sell stuff on ebay so out in the open.He probably has 1000 questions in his inbox by know.To bad.He should have just consigned it to someone.It actually appears that he has his own ebay account....funny!When will it ever stop with Manny???Thats why he's my main man.
    jon

210 bids currently and at $99,999,999.00 . yes you read that right. I had to double check myself . A million dollars for a $4k grill???????????? CRAZY !!!

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    210 bids currently and at $99,999,999.00 . yes you read that right. I had to double check myself . A million dollars for a $4k grill???????????? CRAZY !!!
    I'm sorry it's almost up to 100 million not one million...

any bets on whether or not anyone follow thru and pays for the grill

This is getting a lot of air time. A buddy of mine told me about it as they did a segment on ESPN's Pardon The Interuption (PTI) last night.

I hope Manny relists with Pre-Approved bidders to see what it will really sell for!

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    I'm sorry it's almost up to 100 million not one million...

any bets on whether or not anyone follow thru and pays for the grill

It's pretty apparent that someone is screwing with Manny.Look at all the bid cancellations.Too bad.Even though he is a sports superstar he should be allowed to sell a grill under his own name without a gang of people screwing it up for him!I would buy the grill if i were able to pick it up at his house and get to see him out of the element i have met him in a few times before...the Fenway park players parking lot.He is all business there and you never get more than a quick autograph if that.
    jon

Manny's HS coach was on the local radio station today saying that Manny has not helped(financially) is old school out at all. The coach stated that all funding for the team is done through donations and fundraising. There is little if any $ in the budget for baseball. Other ML players were said to have wanted to help out but didn't want to make Manny "look bad". I'm a big Sox fan but have never really warmed up to him.

I personally think ebay should boot people that make those outlandish bids off of ebay. All they do is screw it up for those that are really interested.

Banned

Considering Manny has been selling just about every piece of his game used equipment and tons of extra jerseys with his own year tags, is this grill really a surprise?

Here's a guy making $100MM and he has to resort to getting on Ebay under his own name and trying to get back his $4,000 for a grill? It's seriously beyond belief.

It's a similar situation to one I just had. My daughters are now out of their cribs. I posted a note at their local school, and offered the cribs to anyone in need, free of charge. Sure, I could have taken out an ad in the paper or sold them on Ebay, but why? How about just doing a good deed by giving something to an individual and feeling good about it?

Manny could have called a local BBQ/Grill store in the Boston area and asked them to buy it at a reduced rate, or better yet, offer it to a neighbor or friend. After he sells it, he also has to box and ship it-no easy task.

In this day and age of "out of touch" sports figures, why is this not a real shocker?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

ALWAYS BUYING PHILLIES, PORTLAND BEAVERS AND PORTLAND MAVERICKS JERSEYS

Quote Originally Posted by kellsox View Post
    Manny's HS coach was on the local radio station today saying that Manny has not helped(financially) is old school out at all. The coach stated that all funding for the team is done through donations and fundraising. There is little if any $ in the budget for baseball. Other ML players were said to have wanted to help out but didn't want to make Manny "look bad". I'm a big Sox fan but have never really warmed up to him.

Thats to bad to hear as a huge Manny fan.Maybe he should start by giving his old school the money from the proceeds of this grill???
    jon