Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Purchase: Seth McClung Game Used glove!!!!

I just picked up the glove yesterday . Yes I know his ERA is over 15.00 right now....LOL....I am sure there is bright spot somewhere in his performance. Hey wait a minute he does have RED hair .....

Seriously , If there is , I'm am sure Mr. Joe Maddon will find it and tell us about it.

How can you lose 101 times (not counting spring training losses)in a year and not get pissed off and show it???

Anyway , the seller ended the auction early and I met up w/him last night. It is a nice glove and shows a lot of use, he told me Seth looks on ebay and saw the glove for sale and was NOT happy about it . The seller said McClung said " I will never give another glove away" ......If Seth knew who ended up buying the glove . He refused to sign a ball for me last year ....

Name:  mcclungglove1.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  319.1 KB

Re: New Purchase: Seth McClung Game Used glove!!!!

Very nice---nice guy (albeit not a great pitcher), and has a closer mentality about him. How much did it cost, if you don't mind me asking?

I agree he's a nice guy..I was at a Rays ST game the other day and he walked over and talked to my 3 year old daughter and gave her a ball.

Quote Originally Posted by warheel View Post
    I agree he's a nice guy..I was at a Rays ST game the other day and he walked over and talked to my 3 year old daughter and gave her a ball.
    Come to think of it, he once gave me a foul ball in Durham as well... He commented upon the fact that I thanked him for it, and imitated a kid screaming "gimmie a ball!" Pretty funny...

Hi there LWMM,
    I paid $300 clams for it.....I know it sounds a little high , but .... How many gloves do you find for sale?

Do you collect Devil Rays game used stuff as well?

Thanks,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    Hi there LWMM,
    I paid $300 clams for it.....I know it sounds a little high , but .... How many gloves do you find for sale?

Thanks,
    David
    Just Jonny Gomes items (two jerseys, probably one or two more soon), though I watch the Durham Bulls (D-Rays AAA team) and thus know many of the players.

In regards to the glove, I agree---somewhat expensive, but definately a unique item (and considering what McClung said, I wouldn't expect to see another anytime soon).

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    Hi there LWMM,

Thanks,
    David
    This is a cool piece. Given the fact that McClung will likely be the DRays closer this year, it could become a bargain at $300.

Tim

I wanted that glove.

Quote Originally Posted by chakes89 View Post
    I wanted that glove.

sorry , do you collect devil rays ? Any game used bats or gloves to sell ?
    Thanks,
    David

I don't think I could call this a photo match? there is a few lines from where his thumb was (in-between his first and last name, look at the picture I took in post#1)
    I am still loooooooking for a picture w/ a close up to see more of the glove and the lines . Would that be significant enough to be a match? Name:  mcclungglove3.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  14.3 KB

Name:  mcclungglove4.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  27.7 KB