Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: Kobe Bryant Jersey Information

Hello Dan,

I just wanted to say thank you for posting the pictures of Kobe's locker. I believe that is really helpful for collectors as they try to evaluate the Kobe jerseys in the secondary market.

Sincerely,
    Chris

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DConLA View Post
    A word of caution, just spoke to one of the auction houses that received a cease and desist letter from Upper Deck regarding Kobe Bryant’s 2006-07 #24 jerseys.

Not only will Upper Deck prosecute they will also try to confiscate any Kobe 2006-07 #24 jerseys that are sold in the public domain.
    Dan-
    Legally, how can Upper Deck confiscate anything without proof of it being stolen directly from them? Does Upper Deck purchase the inventory of jerseys to be worn by Kobe, thus, allowing them to completely control the distribution?

Are we to believe that an auction house, offering a current season Kobe jersey, may be contacted by Upper Deck's lawyers to return the shirt to them? It's my understanding that unless Upper Deck can provide some type of police report showing clear evidence that the shirt in question was indeed their property and is now "stolen", they don't have a leg to stand on.

I'd enjoy a lawyer on this Forum chiming in as to how a company can try to do this?

Interesting.....very interesting....

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

After reading your post Howard I called my attorney and asked him the same questions and he informed me that if Upper Deck is stating that they have an exclusive contract for all of Kobe Bryant’s 2006-07 game used #24 jerseys then they can prosecute and confiscate any jersey that pops up in the open market claiming to be a 2006-07 Kobe Bryant game used jersey (any size). Because of that contract they own the rights to all of Kobe’s 2006-07 game used jerseys and if they see a jersey in an auction that does not have a UDA hologram or letter then that jersey is in fact stolen property or a counterfeit and if they choose to prosecute or confiscate legally they can.

As I stated before the auction house that received the cease and desist letter was also asked to confiscate the jersey and return it to Upper Deck. I am sharing this information to warn any potential seller that if they choose to sell a 06-07 Kobe they are doing so at their own risk.

It's my understanding that unless Upper Deck can provide some type of police report showing clear evidence that the shirt in question was indeed their property and is now "stolen", they don't have a leg to stand on.

They Have Both Legs To Stand On! Exclusive Means Exclusive Only Upper Deck Can Sell A Kobe #24 2006/07 Jersey On The Open Market.just Ask Your Attorney I've Already Spoken To Mine. And You Know What He Said. All Of Kobes #24 2006/07 Jerseys Belong To Upper Deck And The Rights To Market Them To The Public.

Dan

Another Auction House Has Taken Down A Game Used Kobe 06/07 Jersey OR CHANGED IT TO TEAM ISSUED.That Makes A Total Of 3 Auctions Houses So Far.
    DAN

Thank You Dan

Today I made a trip to Frank And Sons to meet with Dan Ceniceros. I brought a Kobe 24 game used jersey I recently purchased. He brought other jersey to show what a real gamer would look like. With his expertise and knowledge of laker memorabillia, he determined mine was a team issued jersey, not game used. I would like to thank Dan personally for saving me some money. I will begin the process to recover the money I paid. Dan is a real nice person to take the time out of his schedule to meet me and even show many pieces of Game used Laker gear. He even inspected older Kobe Jerseys of mine and gave his expertise as authentic. I already knew this because those had already been authenticated by Grey Flannel. He is a truly nice guy.

Thank you once again Dan!

Anthony

Thanks Anthony
    For The Post It Was Nice To Meet You As Well.
    I Would Like To Say Any One In The Southern California Area That Would Like To Meet With Me And Compare Their Kobe Jersey With Mine.i'd Be Happy To Get Together With You. Just Give Me A Call At 323 257-4898 And We Can Set The Date And Time.
    Dan

Dan

What Kobe items do you have for sale?

rangersstars@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by worldchamps View Post
    Dan

What Kobe items do you have for sale?

rangersstars@yahoo.com
    JUST GIVE ME A CALL AT 323 257-4898

DAN