X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beantown
    • Nov 2005

Re: Kobe Bryant Jersey Information

Originally posted by DConLA
    After reading your post Howard I called my attorney and asked him the same questions and he informed me that if Upper Deck is stating that they have an exclusive contract for all of Kobe Bryant’s 2006-07 game used #24 jerseys then they can prosecute and confiscate any jersey that pops up in the open market claiming to be a 2006-07 Kobe Bryant game used jersey (any size). Because of that contract they own the rights to all of Kobe’s 2006-07 game used jerseys and if they see a jersey in an auction that does not have a UDA hologram or letter then that jersey is in fact stolen property or a counterfeit and if they choose to prosecute or confiscate legally they can.

As I stated before the auction house that received the cease and desist letter was also asked to confiscate the jersey and return it to Upper Deck. I am sharing this information to warn any potential seller that if they choose to sell a 06-07 Kobe they are doing so at their own risk.
    Dan,

This appears to be a problem.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kobe-Bryant-L-A-...QQcmdZViewItem

No mention of UDA hologram or letter...how do you believe these jerseys are getting away from UDA and on the open market?

Comment

• Texans
      • Nov 2005

For sale is a number 8 jersey and not a 24.

jojo

Comment

• hblakewolf
        Banned
        • Nov 2005

Dan-
        Is it possible that Upper Deck allowed an un-worn Kobe jersey out? If not, is this the "loophole" for seeling his #24 jerseys?

Howard Wolf
        hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Comment

• Texans
          • Nov 2005

You can go now to www.jersey-joe.com and order any procut NBA jersey. You have to order two of them though. You can get any player you want from what I understood. From allstar to the last guy on the bench.

jojo

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Texans
            You can go now to www.jersey-joe.com and order any procut NBA jersey. You have to order two of them though. You can get any player you want from what I understood. From allstar to the last guy on the bench.
            This site is new to me. Obviously, it explains the abundance of NBA jerseys on the market. I don't know anything about recent NBA game-worns. It seems Meigray is the place to buy modern NBA jerseys. I dig the old-school stuff too much to buy anything sized 58+4 (I still don't know what these numbers mean).

In slightly-related news...the Kobe Basketball Academy starts soon. The camp will take place at Loyola Marymount University. The price for the week is $600. This was cut&pasted from Kobe's website:

"Kobe will be on-site each day. Kobe will be conducting lectures, instructing, interacting with campers and competing in counselor games. Each camper will receive a team photo with Kobe and one signed personal autograph from Kobe. No number eight jerseys will be signed."

Smart marketing. Make a new generation of sell-outs buy the number "24". You still have the number "8"? That is soooo tired. What's wrong? Your parents on the welfare?

Comment

• DConLA
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by hblakewolf
              Dan-
              Is it possible that Upper Deck allowed an un-worn Kobe jersey out? If not, is this the "loophole" for seeling his #24 jerseys?

Howard Wolf
              hblakewolf@patmedia.net
              HOWARD IF AMI IS SELLING IT AS TEAM ISSUED THATS FINE. UDA ONLY CARES IF YOUR SELLING A GAME USED JERSEY OF KOBES 2006/2007 ANY SIZE EVEN A FAKE, IF YOU ARE SELLING IT AS GAME USED THEN THEY CARE. DAN

Comment

• D9521
                • Jul 2007

Dan,

so is the Kobe home 56+2 on AMI legit. I saw that Kobe home jersey was a 54+?(couldn't make out the lenght) in the pictures you posted from the Lakers lockerroom. could Kobe have started wearing sz 56+2 in the home jersey later in the season? thanks

Comment

• DConLA
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by D9521
                  Dan,

so is the Kobe home 56+2 on AMI legit. I saw that Kobe home jersey was a 54+?(couldn't make out the lenght) in the pictures you posted from the Lakers lockerroom. could Kobe have started wearing sz 56+2 in the home jersey later in the season? thanks
                  HELLO KOBE WORE 54+2 AND 56+2 THIS LAST SEASON 2006/2007.THE JERSEY IS A LEGIT FACTORY TEAM ISSUE AND NOT ONE THAT WAS MADE IN L.A. FOR THE LAKERS.I CAN TELL BY JUST LOOKING AT THE PICTURE AND THE PLACEMENT OF NAME AND NUMBERS.I WILL POST PICTURES NEXT
                  DAN
                  323 257-4898 DANIEL248@EARTHLINK.NET

Comment

• DConLA
                    • Mar 2007

Here are the pictures. The getty picture of Kobe is from March 6th, 2007 (Lakers vs. Timberwolves). The second picture is in a word doc that is attached
                    Attached Files

Comment

• DConLA
                      • Mar 2007

I found this picture of Kobe in my collection it is from the 2001 NBA Western Conference Finals (Lakers vs. Spurs).

As you can see from the picture Kobe is about to throw it down and you can clearly see his size tag and it is a Nike 52. Kobe wore this jersey on Friday, May 25, 2001 during game 3. The picture was published in The Orange County Register. From 2001 on Kobe only wore a size 50 during the 2004 NBA All-Star game which was made by Reebok.

DC
                      Attached Files

Comment

• allentsang2003
                        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by DConLA
                        Here are the pictures. The getty picture of Kobe is from March 6th, 2007 (Lakers vs. Timberwolves). The second picture is in a word doc that is attached
                        Hi,
                        I still cannot see the difference between team issued and game-used.
                        Can you decribe more detail how the letters and numbers is difference??
                        Please, we all want to know how define it.
                        Thx!

Comment

• DConLA
                          • Mar 2007

JUST GO TO POST #39 AND LOOK AT THE 2 PICTURES.THE GETTY PICTURE WHICH IS OF KOBE IN ACTION AND THE OTHER PHOTO AND LOOK AT THE SPACING IN THE LETTERING ON THE NAME BRYANT.AND NOW LOOK AT THE ARC SEE A DIFFERENTS.NOW KEEP THE GETTY PICTURE AND IF U COME ACROSS A KOBE JERSEY U LIKE START WITH COMPARING THE JERSEY TO THE GETTY PICTURE.THERE IS MORE BUT THIS A GOOD START.

DAN
                          323 257-4898 daniel248@earthlink.net

Comment

• DConLA
                            • Mar 2007

HELLO EVERYONE I JUST BOUGHT A KOBE 2006/2007 HOME FACTORY TEAM ISSUED JERSEY SIZE 54 ON E BAY, AND I JUST GOT IT IN THE MAIL.TO SHARE THIS IMFO I WILL BE POSTING THE PICS OF THIS JERSEY. NEXT TO A ROAD GAME USED 2006/2007 JERSEY SIZE 54 THIS WEEKEND SO YOU CAN ALL SEE THE DIFFERENTS.HAPPY LABOR DAY WEEKEND.

DAN 323 257-4898 daniel248@earthlink.net

Comment

• DConLA
                              • Mar 2007

HELLO KOBE FANS.TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE CALLED AND ASKED ME ABOUT THE KOBE ROOKIE JERSEY 96/97 UP FOR AUCTIONS.ITS THE RIGNT SIZE 46+2 HE WORE THAT SIZE AT THE END OF HIS ROOKIE YEAR.I CAN'T SEE THE LETTERING UP CLOSE,BUT ON HIS ROOKIE JERSEY THE LETTERING SHOULD BE HAND CUT.UP TO THIS POINT ALL LAKERS JERSEYS HAD HAND CUT LETTERING.AND SOME OF THE NEXT YEAR 97/98 BEFORE NIKE SENT THE LAKERS FACTORY CUT LETTERS.FROM THIS POINT ON THE LAKERS JERSEYS LOST THE HAND MADE LOOK. O THE JERSEY LOOKS GOOD.

DAN
                              323 257-4898 daniel248@earthlink.net

Comment

• DConLA
                                • Mar 2007

We recently purchased this factory team issued home Kobe Bryant #24 2006-07 jersey of off eBay (item # 270157007260) for research purposes. We wanted to visually show you the difference between a real gamer and a factory issued jersey. Below are pictures of the home factory jersey and a real game worn road Kobe Bryant 2006-07 Jersey. The arch on the factory jersey is different then the arch on the gamer also the spacing on the factory jersey is spread out more then the gamer. There are other subtleties but these are the most visible. These factory jerseys are very easy to come by as you can see I just bought one off eBay. Now with all of the information I have given if you still have concerns about a jersey give me a call and I will try to help you out. There are still several other ways to spot a fake that I have not revealed. Another tip when buying a Kobe gamer is if you see a Kobe Bryant game worn jersey selling in the hundreds or low teens then you might want to take a closer look. I know there are exceptions hard times fall on all of us but I think you get at what I am saying. I re-listed the factory home jersey in my eBay store for exactly what I paid. Now that I have the info I needed I no longer have any use for it. Here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290158468945&ssPa geName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=019

DAN 323.257.4898
                                Daniel248@earthlink.net
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...