Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Re: Kobe Bryant Jersey Information

Quote Originally Posted by DConLA View Post
    After reading your post Howard I called my attorney and asked him the same questions and he informed me that if Upper Deck is stating that they have an exclusive contract for all of Kobe Bryant’s 2006-07 game used #24 jerseys then they can prosecute and confiscate any jersey that pops up in the open market claiming to be a 2006-07 Kobe Bryant game used jersey (any size). Because of that contract they own the rights to all of Kobe’s 2006-07 game used jerseys and if they see a jersey in an auction that does not have a UDA hologram or letter then that jersey is in fact stolen property or a counterfeit and if they choose to prosecute or confiscate legally they can.

As I stated before the auction house that received the cease and desist letter was also asked to confiscate the jersey and return it to Upper Deck. I am sharing this information to warn any potential seller that if they choose to sell a 06-07 Kobe they are doing so at their own risk.
    Dan,

This appears to be a problem.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kobe-Bryant-L-A-...QQcmdZViewItem

No mention of UDA hologram or letter...how do you believe these jerseys are getting away from UDA and on the open market?

For sale is a number 8 jersey and not a 24.

jojo

Banned

Dan-
    Is it possible that Upper Deck allowed an un-worn Kobe jersey out? If not, is this the "loophole" for seeling his #24 jerseys?

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=37017

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

You can go now to www.jersey-joe.com and order any procut NBA jersey. You have to order two of them though. You can get any player you want from what I understood. From allstar to the last guy on the bench.

jojo

Quote Originally Posted by Texans View Post
    You can go now to www.jersey-joe.com and order any procut NBA jersey. You have to order two of them though. You can get any player you want from what I understood. From allstar to the last guy on the bench.
    This site is new to me. Obviously, it explains the abundance of NBA jerseys on the market. I don't know anything about recent NBA game-worns. It seems Meigray is the place to buy modern NBA jerseys. I dig the old-school stuff too much to buy anything sized 58+4 (I still don't know what these numbers mean).

In slightly-related news...the Kobe Basketball Academy starts soon. The camp will take place at Loyola Marymount University. The price for the week is $600. This was cut&pasted from Kobe's website:

"Kobe will be on-site each day. Kobe will be conducting lectures, instructing, interacting with campers and competing in counselor games. Each camper will receive a team photo with Kobe and one signed personal autograph from Kobe. No number eight jerseys will be signed."

Smart marketing. Make a new generation of sell-outs buy the number "24". You still have the number "8"? That is soooo tired. What's wrong? Your parents on the welfare?

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf View Post
    Dan-
    Is it possible that Upper Deck allowed an un-worn Kobe jersey out? If not, is this the "loophole" for seeling his #24 jerseys?

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=37017

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net
    HOWARD IF AMI IS SELLING IT AS TEAM ISSUED THATS FINE. UDA ONLY CARES IF YOUR SELLING A GAME USED JERSEY OF KOBES 2006/2007 ANY SIZE EVEN A FAKE, IF YOU ARE SELLING IT AS GAME USED THEN THEY CARE. DAN

Dan,

so is the Kobe home 56+2 on AMI legit. I saw that Kobe home jersey was a 54+?(couldn't make out the lenght) in the pictures you posted from the Lakers lockerroom. could Kobe have started wearing sz 56+2 in the home jersey later in the season? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by D9521 View Post
    Dan,

so is the Kobe home 56+2 on AMI legit. I saw that Kobe home jersey was a 54+?(couldn't make out the lenght) in the pictures you posted from the Lakers lockerroom. could Kobe have started wearing sz 56+2 in the home jersey later in the season? thanks
    HELLO KOBE WORE 54+2 AND 56+2 THIS LAST SEASON 2006/2007.THE JERSEY IS A LEGIT FACTORY TEAM ISSUE AND NOT ONE THAT WAS MADE IN L.A. FOR THE LAKERS.I CAN TELL BY JUST LOOKING AT THE PICTURE AND THE PLACEMENT OF NAME AND NUMBERS.I WILL POST PICTURES NEXT
    DAN
    323 257-4898 DANIEL248@EARTHLINK.NET

Here are the pictures. The getty picture of Kobe is from March 6th, 2007 (Lakers vs. Timberwolves). The second picture is in a word doc that is attached
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files

I found this picture of Kobe in my collection it is from the 2001 NBA Western Conference Finals (Lakers vs. Spurs).

As you can see from the picture Kobe is about to throw it down and you can clearly see his size tag and it is a Nike 52. Kobe wore this jersey on Friday, May 25, 2001 during game 3. The picture was published in The Orange County Register. From 2001 on Kobe only wore a size 50 during the 2004 NBA All-Star game which was made by Reebok.

DC
    Attached Images Attached Images