Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Lambeauleeper goin' for a Marino Tri-fecta

Selling a Marino lid (http://cgi.ebay.com/Dan-Marino-1998-...QQcmdZViewItem) and two jerseys. Same ole sales pitch as usual.

Banned

Re: Lambeauleeper goin' for a Marino Tri-fecta

First thing I noticed was the shockblockers seem undersized for a 98 Marino, anything obvious to you guys? Not to mention, I'm relatively certain this is NOT the first one of these he's sold on ebay.

why would he have a $200 starting point if not authentic?

the guy's a shameless piece of work, eh?

Banned

The helmet looks identical.what's wrong with the price. A proline authentic retails for more. He also has some nice jerseys including game worn.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by big1Z View Post
    The helmet looks identical.what's wrong with the price. A proline authentic retails for more. He also has some nice jerseys including game worn.
    Anytime a lamby discussion pops up here, I've noticed mysteriously that a new ID pops up to defend him. Last time Eric traced the uses to the same geographic area he lives in. Will yours trace there as well I wonder?

We all seem to agree he produces great copies, and if sold honestly as such, no problem. However, there's far too much consistent history with him to believe anything from him is legit as coming from the team's involved as he purports. He strangely comes by only the most popular players, and the same supposedly rare items repeatedly.

so if a helmet is priced affordably and looks like what marino wore then it's perfectly o.k. to claim that is game issued, game worn and "issued to dan marino for on-field game use during the 1998 season."?

you think that's perfectly o.k.? nothing wrong with that at all? perhaps you might want to follow up with something like:

"The problem I see with the memorabilia issues on auctions especially Ebay is that people are looking for a STEAL. They wont pay $3-$5,000.00 for a game worn helmet with a team letter. So they go to Ebay and want to pay next to nothing for an item then bitch."

lambeualeeper is a crook, a thief, a shameless fraud - the good news is that it looks like more and more folks are catching on to this. btw, didn't you get banned?

Banned

I see your point, however I see a lot of items that are game used or game issued that are no where close. His items are nice, especially his jerseys. I noticed he doesn't state that he obtained them from a team. How do you explain his jerseys. I am not defending him or her, I am new trying to educate myself.

Banned

I see your point, however I see a lot of items that are game used or game issued that are no where close. His items are nice, especially his jerseys. I noticed he doesn't state that he obtained them from a team. How do you explain his jerseys. I am not defending him or her, I am new trying to educate myself.
    "This helmet was issued to Dan Marino for on-field GAME USE during the 1998 season."

You seriously want to tell me this sentence doesn't indicate strongly to the buyer that this helmet actually traces back to the Dolphins equipment room? Problem is, none of his stuff does, they're all apparently self made copies. If he honestly represented them, he'd have a good business honestly, but he doesn't.

I personally overpaid him for an LT throwback helmet which was later proved here as a copy. I could have bought a very similar copy on ebay for half what the helmet went off at, solely because of the fraud. Check his other closed items, you'll see a similar pattern.

All this of course assumes you need to be told this because you're not him. Again.

hey mvandor -

did you notice that it looks like another lambeauleeper has hit the ebay scene?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tomlinson-Game-I...QQcmdZViewItem

Tomlinson Game Issued Throwback Chargers Helmet

apparently this guy has much difficulty grasping the term "game issued" as our friend lambeau - wonder how long before he starts to add "game used" and "issued to" in his ads as well. hey lambeau, how long did it take you to decide to start using these terms? first time out of the gate or was it a gradual process?

"You are bidding on a LaDainian Tomlinson Chargers Throwback Helmet. The helmet is brand new and comes with Tomlinson's face mask and tinted Oakley visor. Also comes with the double strap. This is a game issued helmet, just like the one Tomlinson wears on the field. Own a piece of 2006 MVP and All-Time Single Season Touchdown Record Holder. This helmet is a must-have for any Tomlinson or Chargers fan. Great for LT's autograph! Bid now and bid with confidence!"

those bolt decals look a little familiar, eh? good grief. but, to be fair, it looks like this guy really doesn't understand the term "game issued" given his item description - what's your excuse lambeau?

I wouldn't buy from him after all I've seen on this forum, but does this seem fake?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mark-Brunell-199...QQcmdZViewItem