Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Kobe Bryant Jersey Information

Hello Everyone,

In the spirit of sharing information to the collecting community, I was recently contacted by a gentleman name Dan Ceniceros. Mr. Ceniceros is someone who has spent quite a few years dealing in Los Angeles Laker memorabilia and he expressed concern about the number of Kobe Bryant jerseys that are circulating in the hobby that are not consistent with what his experience tells him Kobe has worn throughout the years.

Thus, in an effort to provide additional data for collectors to consider, Mr. Ceniceros has asked that we post the following information that he has sent to us. Please note that we are posting this information on Mr. Ceniceros' behalf. Given Mr. Ceniceros is an independent entity in the market, collectors need to realize they will be trusting Mr. Ceniceros as the source of this information if they are going to factor it into their evaluations of Kobe Bryant jerseys on the market.

While Mr. Ceniceros' knowledge of Laker memorabilia appears to be well-known among basketball memorabilia collectors (Mr. Ceniceros also stated he is an unpaid consultant for Grey Flannel Collectibles in the Kobe Bryant and Lakers Market), please note that this information is coming from Mr. Ceniceros and collectors should view the information as such. As Mr. Ceniceros is more comfortable talking to people on the phone, he has also provided his phone number below if anyone wishes to contact him directly. However, once again, please note that Mr. Ceniceros is an independent entity in the memorabilia market and collectors should understand that when speaking with him.

Below is the information Mr. Ceniceros asked us to pass along to collectors. In addition, Mr. Ceniceros has also informed me that Upper Deck has an exclusive on Kobe Bryant game used jerseys for 2006-07 and they will pursue anyone advertising the public sale of such jerseys. Once again, please note the Upper Deck information is also coming from Mr. Ceniceros. With that said, here is the information he asked us to post:

"Hello,

My name is Dan Ceniceros and I am formally known as the foremost Lakers memorabilia expert in the hobby. This is based on my 20 years experience with the Lakers and the hobby. I would like to clarify some of the size information that is floating around the hobby. My goal is to provide the collector the most accurate information so that when they decide to purchase a Kobe Bryant game worn jersey or any other Lakers jersey they will have the information they need to obtain a genuine collectible. Below you will find a summary of Kobe Bryant’s jersey and manufactures sizes from his eleven years in the NBA.

Summary of Kobe Bryant Jersey Manufacturers and Sizes

Rookie Year 1996-97 (Champion – Pro Mesh old tank top style)

Wore size 44 at beginning of season then moved to size 46 at end of season.
    This is also the only year Kobe wore Champion.
    Note: 1996-97 was the 50th anniversary of the NBA. Some of the jerseys were sent to teams with the red white & blue NBA logo patch and some came through without any patch at all. Champion made gold 50th anniversary patches that were sent to teams to be sewn on.
    Because this was the last year of champion teams received a smaller allotment of champion equipment.

1997-99 (Nike - Pro Mesh old tank top style)

1997-98 Nike is the new manufacture for Lakers uniforms. Kobe wore size 46.
    1998-99 Kobe wore size 46 but experimented with sizes 48 and 50 (48 and 50 proved to be too big).
    There should only be a couple of size 48 & 50 Kobe jerseys. We have seen a great amount of size 50 Kobe factory issued jerseys from this year that when closely examined it is very easy to tell the difference between a real Kobe game jersey that is assembled in Los Angeles (Name & Number) from the factory team issued jersey.

1999-2000 (Nike – Dri Fit Cotton Material)

Primarily wore size 50 (one or two 48s have popped up). Lakers switched to a new style and a new material called Dri-Fit Cotton. The new style had a v neck with smaller arm and neck holes. Because of the elasticity in pro mesh players from the previous year had to go up two sizes. Kobe went from a 46 to a 50 and Shaq went from a 56 to a 60. Also because of the death of Wilt Chamberlin the Lakers affixed black memorial strip patches to the left shoulder area on all Lakers jerseys.

2000-2001 (Nike – Dry Fit Cotton Material)

Primarily wore size 50 for first ¾ of season and then switched to size 52 for the last ¼ of season. Photo evidence is available of Kobe switching to size 52 at the end of the season and going into the playoffs.

2001-2003/04 (Nike – Dry Fit Cotton Material)

Wore size 52
    2001-2002: 9/11 patches are added near the left shoulder on all Lakers jerseys
    2002-2003: Lakers debut there new white Sunday alternate uniforms and because of the death of the Late Great Chick Hearn black memorial strip patches were affixed to the left shoulder area on all Lakers jerseys.

2003-2004: This was the last year with Nike as a manufacture and because of this they used what they had available and received a smaller allotment. The Lakers also wore royal blue uniforms with the white original Los Angeles lettering across the chest for a total of six throw back games.

2004-05 (Reebok)

Wore size 56 and a couple size 54 in the old throwback tank top style.
    First Reebok jerseys (pre-season) were size 58. The Lakers only wore one home gold uniform throughout the pre-season. Once the pre-season was completed and the rosters were set Kobe began to wear size 56. Once again we have come across a lot of size 50 Reebok factory issued Kobe jerseys from this year that when closely examined it is very easy to tell the difference between a real Kobe game jersey that is assembled in Los Angeles (Name & Number) from the factory team issued jerseys.
    Kobe Bryant never wore size 50 while wearing Reebok. The Lakers also wore powder blue uniforms for a total of five throwback games. Photo evidence is available of Kobe wearing size 56. The picture has been posted right here on game used universe and was first seen on one of my eBay auctions.

Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans and in an effort to raise money for the victims Kenny Smith and the NBA sponsored a celebrity basketball game in Houston. The uniforms that were worn during that game were later auctioned off on NBA.COM. Kobe Bryant, Tracy McGrady and Lebron James jerseys that were auctioned off were all size 56.

2005-06 (Reebok)

Wears size 56
    Occasional size 58 (home/road)
    This was the last year the Lakers used Reebok as a uniform manufacture and again because of this they used what they had available and received a smaller allotment.
    2006-07 (Adidas)
    Kobe is currently wearing a size 54. Photo evidence is available due to the fact that Upper Deck and Kobe’s Vivo Foundation held an auction through eBay at the beginning of the season auctioning off Kobe’s first game worn 24 home jersey. Again we have seen at least eight size 56 Adidas factory issued Kobe jerseys hit the open market and again when closely examining the factory issued Kobe jersey it is very easy to tell the difference between a real Kobe game jersey that is assembled in Los Angeles (Name & Number).

I hope this information helps you out the next time you decide to purchase a Kobe Bryant game used jersey. These are the sizes I know Kobe has worn and is wearing and they are the only sizes I would recommend. I am currently an unpaid consultant for Grey Flannel Collectibles in the Kobe Bryant and Lakers Market.
    If you have any questions about any other Lakers player’s jersey sizes or any questions about Kobe please don’t hesitate to call.

Dan Ceniceros
    323.257.4898"

Re: Kobe Bryant Jersey Informaton

I Have personally dealt with Dan of DC for the last 5 years and I find him to be THE Laker game used authority. I trust Dan's opinion and he has helped me build a great Kobe collection. I highly recommend his advice and services.

John Debney

Dan's information is great for NBA collectors. It casts more doubt on the flood of Kobe jerseys on the market.

I would love to know his input on shoes too....at any given point there are about a dozen pair of "game worn" Kobe Bryant shoes on ebay.

Bill

Talk about range. Size 44-58.

I agree...I've known Dan MANY years...I might be one of the most fussiest buyers out there, and he'd be THE ONLY person that I would trust buying any Lakers stuff from...I've posted here before about how all the Kobe Size 50 jerseys from the last few years that are out there are all garbage, because the dude wears a way bigger jersey!!!...Most guys that have great coonections like Dan seem to be very arrogant, but Dan has always been a super guy...

If you like or want Lakers stuff I'd call him

looks like VA has another size 50 Kobe Bryant jersey....wow, I'd love to own that pro-cut...I mean, game used according to the authenticator for the Smithsonian

Quote Originally Posted by worldchamps View Post
    I would love to know his input on shoes too....at any given point there are about a dozen pair of "game worn" Kobe Bryant shoes on ebay.

Bill
    Hello Bill yes there is a lot of KOBE shoes on EBAY.if you have any specific questions please call me any time .every season i get KOBE and other LAKERS players shoes,this year is no different. DAN 323 257-4898

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    Talk about range. Size 44-58.
    Here is KOBE as a rookie in size 44. and hip hop KOBE in size 58 04/05 preseason.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: Kobe Bryant Jersey Information

I see that VA has another Kobe size 50 jersey with a LOA from Lampson for the 19th auction in a row...or maybe it's the 20th...I lost count