Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Opnions on how to handle a fake jersey sold to me

OK this is going to be a long story but let me start from the top.
    In 2004 I was new to the hobby of collecting game used jerseys.
    I was trying to educate myself the best way I knew how between forums and asking experts when possible. I had found a "game worn" hockey jersey on ebay. The discription seemed perfect and every question I asked was answered as they should have been. So no reason to have a red flag thrown up on the auction.
    After the 5 days I won the auction. Paid the seller within 3 days. Recieved my jersey and to my surprise the jersey was not a game worn jersey and misrepresented the size was incorrect from what was stated to me. The jersey had none of the wear the seller described. As soon as I got the jersey I contacted the seller. He said the auction stated that he thought it was a game worn jersey and had questions about it.
    Though the auction did not say anything of the sort. He refused to refund my money of over 300 dollars. I have asked very calmly many times on other forums for this seller to refund my money. And also emailed him with no response. I fell as there have been many questions raised in this hobby over the last year or two as to the validity of some jerseys. And would hate to see anyone get ripped off by this same seller. He knows exactly who he is. I am asking one more time on this forum seeing I found him hiding out here for him to come forward and refund me my money.
    And also to alert other members of his tactics. If you have no knowledge of the hobby you should not call yourself a dealer. Thank you for everyones time.

Re: Opnions on how to handle a fake jersey sold to me

Quote Originally Posted by HOCKEYPHOTO View Post
    He refused to refund my money of over 300 dollars.

He knows exactly who he is. I am asking one more time on this forum seeing I found him hiding out here for him to come forward and refund me my money.
    It's a shame you are having issues and sometimes buyers and sellers will disagree after the fact on authenticity. It sounds like there may have been some misrepresentations. Why don't you post some pictures and the original description and let's see if you get some impartial opinions from other members.

Some sellers would give you the benefit of the doubt and give you some type of credit or refund and those are the type of sellers that even after a problem such as this you would buy from again.

The only decent news may be that it was $300 and not $3,000. Remember, there probably is some value to the jersey even though it may not be a real game used. You may be able to resell it at some value based on what you think the jersey really is--a game issued or authentic or whatever. You would still lose money but minimize your loss from the $300.

Just some thoughts for you to think over as some other options.

Good luck. Andrew

Thanks I will take some pictures when I dig it out of the closet. This jersey is not worth 25 bucks to be honest. I know it does not seem like a ton of money but over 300 dollars to me is. And I have to be honest I asked tons of questions and was actually lied to the whole time. It is a matter of principal. Hopefully the seller will come forward and admit their wrong doing.

hi this guy has had many chances to come straight with you and hasent , i would tell his info that isnt right if 300 isnt alot to him then neather is his info , please i dont want to deal with him its not your problem he is a bad man ,,,, ,,,,, hope you make the correct deal in the future

Would this happen be to a #27 jersey of Alexei Kovalev?

Nathan you are correct.

Nathan you are correct.
    I thought so. I'm not getting into this specific issue, but I will strongly dissuade you from trolling after this person as has happened elsewhere. Stating your side of the story is one thing, but don't turn this into another buffalomafia.net.

I have no idea what you mean by a Buffalomafia.net , And to say I am trolling. Without you knowing or asking for more details is moronic. You really think I came here for trouble? No I came here because I found out the seller no hides here. So I am wrong for trying to warn other collectors of his antics?
    I did not come here with bad intentions. Have I on another forum tried calling him out? Yes I have. What did I get from him after he ignores emails and attempts to contact him on a jersey he sold that was fake? Nothing. If you wish to go along not caring for other members and their hard earned money that is fine. But do not add to a thread if you are just here to "warn" me about something. I have a heart and actualy care about other people. Thanks.

I have no idea what you mean by a Buffalomafia.net , And to say I am trolling. Without you knowing or asking for more details is moronic. You really think I came here for trouble? No I came here because I found out the seller no hides here. So I am wrong for trying to warn other collectors of his antics?
    I did not come here with bad intentions. Have I on another forum tried calling him out? Yes I have. What did I get from him after he ignores emails and attempts to contact him on a jersey he sold that was fake? Nothing. If you wish to go along not caring for other members and their hard earned money that is fine. But do not add to a thread if you are just here to "warn" me about something. I have a heart and actualy care about other people. Thanks.
    BuffaloMafia.net = gameworn.net

I'm quite familiar with the details, because every time the seller you refer to would post anything on any thread, there was a certain someone throwing "a certain Kovalev jersey" out there. This is the definition of trolling. Like I said, if you want to bring up an issue with another dealer or collector, I have no issue. But I and others certainly do have issues with seeing a thread devoted to, say, legitimate research quickly degenerating into a flamefest because of trolling. There's an enormous difference between calling out and trolling. Call out? Fine. Troll? Not fine.

In the interest of full disclosure, I've never done any deals with said dealer and I don't believe I've ever talked to him/her at any point.

I added my initial statement because I saw firsthand what happened on the other site, and I have no intention of standing by idly and watching the same crap happen on here.

You do not have to sit back a watch anything. If you were truly interested in the situation you would have asked questions. If you are so fimilar with the details you condone actions of selling a fake jersey knowingly. If that is true it is sad. What happened at the other site from anything I did? Nothing. I have done many deals never a bad one so why would I come out of the blue with this? There must be some validity to it.