Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: LS Bat article

LS Bat article

While thumbing through a 1993 White Sox program, I stumbled upon an article about the making of LS bats. The article has photos, player stories, and great info including model numbers, player traits etc.

Here's a quote from former player Bill Melton:

"I'd tell them that I wanted a Frank Robinson R161 head with a P72 handle on it, they'd make it for me......"

It was a great read. I'll be happy to make copies of the article for anyone who wants one. Email me at deputy7621@aol.com. All I ask is that you send me a postage paid envelope to cover the postage.

Thanks!
    Jim

Re: LS Bat article

Jim, if you have the capability, perhaps you could scan the article and post it on this site. David

I have a flatbed scanner and thought about doing that. I'm not sure where to put it though. Is there is a place here to post it?

Articles have been mailed!

any feedback from those who received the articles?

Jim,

I received the article yesterday. Thank you. There is nothing better than reading about players' relationships with their bats. As a Bo Jackson game used bat collector it was great to read about the "B016" model which was created by combinining the barrell and handle of two existing LS models.

Thanks again,

drew

eighty9asmvpbats@yahoo.com

Drew,

Glad you liked it!

Jim